Need a Joomla Documentation administrator to help with file upload issues

Joomla! Documentation Workgroup

Moderator: Documentation

OriginalSkillet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Need a Joomla Documentation administrator to help with file upload issues

Post by OriginalSkillet » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:47 pm

Hello, and sorry for posting this here but I wasn't sure where else to go.

I'm trying to complete an unfinished article in the Joomla Documentation and would like to upload a screenshot. However, each time I try to upload, my file is flagged as spam and the upload fails.

The site says to contact an administrator for help, but I don't see any way to find out who the admins are or how to contact them.

If anyone could point me to a Joomla Documentation admin, I'd appreciate it!

mjparadac
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Need a Joomla Documentation administrator to help with file upload issues

Post by mjparadac » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:23 pm

Hello OriginalSkillet, welcome to the forum.

Try to communicate with the global moderators
memberlist.php?mode=team

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Whiles we're waiting for an administrator to arrive, you can mention the format of the image (JPEG, GIF) and the size of the image. What is the exact error message that you are seeing? I'll assume that you've also seen the Image uploading article herein.
Charles

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:44 pm

mjparadac wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:23 pm
Try to communicate with the global moderators
memberlist.php?mode=team
Global Moderators administer only the Joomla Forum. Other joomla.org websites have their own teams.

If you have technical problems like blocked upload at https://docs.joomla.org, please report them to the developers of that site here: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-websit ... ur%20issue
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

OriginalSkillet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by OriginalSkillet » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:54 am

cmbay wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:25 pm
Whiles we're waiting for an administrator to arrive, you can mention the format of the image (JPEG, GIF) and the size of the image. What is the exact error message that you are seeing? I'll assume that you've also seen the Image uploading article herein.
I did read the Image Uploading article and followed that procedure and used Method 1. The image is a .png (is in the permitted file type list) and is 17.3kb. I also tried converting the file to a .jpg with the same result. Here is the exact error message:
Warning: This action has been automatically identified as link spamming or common keyword spamming. Unconstructive edits will be quickly reverted, and egregious or repeated unconstructive editing will result in your account or IP address being blocked. If you believe this edit to be constructive, you will first have to perform edits which do not contain links or check your edit for common keywords, i.e. customer, sales, SEO, etc. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: File Upload Spammer
Edit: The filename doesn't contain any words like the ones mentioned in the warning. The filename is "j310-admin_content_article_article-edit_button-bar_en.png".

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:10 am

OriginalSkillet wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:54 am
...This action has been automatically identified as link spamming or common keyword spamming... If you believe this edit to be constructive, you will first have to perform edits which do not contain links or check your edit for common keywords, i.e. customer, sales, SEO, etc.
Hmmm. This reads more like a message about the article itself.
Have you successfully published the article without the screenshot?
I suppose in the interest of science you could attempt the upload of the image under a different (much shorter) file name.
Charles

OriginalSkillet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by OriginalSkillet » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:57 pm

cmbay wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:10 am
Have you successfully published the article without the screenshot?
I suppose in the interest of science you could attempt the upload of the image under a different (much shorter) file name.
I have indeed. The article is published with my changes. The shorter file name didn't work, either (for science, I tried "buttons.png"). :(

Thanks for the suggestions though--it helps to narrow things down. :)

When I was playing with different file names, I got the following error message on the second and subsequent attempts:
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: File Upload Spammer
So, it does definitely appear to be a file upload issue and not an article issue.
Last edited by OriginalSkillet on Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:26 am

Which document is it? What is the line containing the image link?

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”