550 Could not change perms on images: SOLVED

For Joomla! 1.5 Coding related discussions, please use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general
Forum rules
Please use the mailing list here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general rather than this forum.
its OK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

550 Could not change perms on images: SOLVED

Post by its OK » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi All,

I have just installed Joomfish 2 onto my 1.53 version of Joomla, and finally got it working. The thing is, I need to upload a vietnam flag into the images/flags folder, but the permissions will not let me. I usually use fillezilla for my ftp uploads, and it works great when chmodding directories. For some mad reason though, I cannot change the permissions on the joomfish folder, or any below it! I have tried in the server admin aswell too - but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this issue?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by its OK on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: 550 Could not change perms on images:

Post by ianmac » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 pm

its OK wrote:Hi All,

I have just installed Joomfish 2 onto my 1.53 version of Joomla, and finally got it working. The thing is, I need to upload a vietnam flag into the images/flags folder, but the permissions will not let me. I usually use fillezilla for my ftp uploads, and it works great when chmodding directories. For some mad reason though, I cannot change the permissions on the joomfish folder, or any below it! I have tried in the server admin aswell too - but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this issue?

Thank you very much.
Please upgrade to 1.5.7 ASAP as there is a major security issue with 1.5.3.

Try using Cpanel to change your file permissions. Sounds like a file ownership issue.

Ian

its OK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by its OK » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:08 pm

Ok, I'll upgrade shortly.

Do you mean cpanel in Joomla, or cpanel on the server? Doesn't really matter, because I've tried both, and it doesn't work.

Maybe the upgrade will fix the problem.

Thanks

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ianmac » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:19 pm

its OK wrote:Ok, I'll upgrade shortly.

Do you mean cpanel in Joomla, or cpanel on the server? Doesn't really matter, because I've tried both, and it doesn't work.

Maybe the upgrade will fix the problem.

Thanks
You really should upgrade ASAP... especially if you don't have backups.

If you can't upload via cpanel, you'll have to contact your host.

Ian

its OK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by its OK » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:05 am

When I installed Joomfish, it changed the owner to 99.99 of any files that it installed. This means that I cannot modify or add any more files into these directories. To attempt to solve this, I downloaded the joomfish folders, and re-uploaded them (using Filezilla ftp), and then changed the folder names so that - in theory - I had replaced the files with exactly the same ones (but now owned by the site). This did not work, as subsequently, I cannot get into admin, as it shows a blank screen after log in. I have managed to revert back, and can now gain access to admin.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the ownership of the folders without ssh access?

Thanks

its OK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 550 Could not change perms on images: SOLVED

Post by its OK » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:30 am

If anyone is interested, I managed to solve this using ftp, by changing the folder names, and re-uploading.

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: 550 Could not change perms on images: SOLVED

Post by ianmac » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:00 pm

its OK wrote:If anyone is interested, I managed to solve this using ftp, by changing the folder names, and re-uploading.
It sounds like due to your hosts settings you are best to run the ftp layer. The ftp layer was designed to fix just that problem.

BTW, have you upgraded to 1.5.7?

Ian

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Coding”