Help with russian translation needed

General questions regarding the use of languages and encoding issues in Joomla! 1.0.x. Multi-lingual site solutions can be discussed in the child board. Translation discussions are now separate and can be found in the Working Groups Area.
themat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help with russian translation needed

Post by themat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Hello,

Some days ago I got our Russian translation for our website and as I tried to implement it to joomfish!, some strange error appears:

With most of the translated text, everything works out fine, yet with some input fields the html code is not generated properly. Usually the Russian characters are defined by ьϿ&#1011. Especially in the browser title bar (and in some titles of the "News" Module) the original "&" becomes replaced with the alternative tag "&" what confuses the browser:

In concrete terms:

ьϿ&#1011  gives a proper result
ьϿ&#1011 returns "ьϿ&#1011" in the live site

I cannot figure out the problem, does anyone have an idea? You could see the phenomenon in the browser title bar on my site, when selecting "Russian" (http://www.independentwings.com). The same habit occurs for some titles and subtitles in the "News" Module. You could identify them by selecting "Russian" on the site an then looking for English text components. (I didn't translate this strings for the reason of the malfunction.)

Regards, Martin
Last edited by themat on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Help with russian translation needed

Post by themat » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Got an answer working out so far:

http://www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic ... t=222#p853

Martin

alex_us
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Help with russian translation needed

Post by alex_us » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello Martin,
Are you Russian or someone helped you to translate content of your website in Russian? There are many mistakes.

Return to “Language - 1.0.x”