An idea occurred the other week regarding forum posts and required information to be able to assist. Many users are unsure of what to provide or how to find the required information. So this single file script was developed to hopefully assist with the collection and consistent posting of such information.
Joomla! Version Support
(tested with 1.0.14 RC1, 1.0.15, 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 by many of the moderation and translation team members)
- v 1.0.x
- v 1.5.x
more translation to follow shortly...
- English (UK/AU)
- Spanish (ES) : thanks to gustavo
JTS Project Site on JoomlaCode.org
1. Download and unzip the attached file (result = jtspost.php )
2. Upload the PHP script to the Joomla! Sites "/" directory
3. Run the script through the browser IE: http://www.mysite.com.au/jtspost_en.php
1. Select the level of detail that you wish to provide in the post (Standard [left column only] or Extended [left + right column] )
2. Optionally, enter a problem description, up to three error messages or log lines and any actions already attempted
(If no form fields are not filled out then only the Diagnostic Information will be generated.)
3. Press "GENERATE POST" button
4. Once the page returns, select and copy all the information in the "Post Output" textbox
5. Paste into a "New Topic" or existing thread.
Example "Pre-Formatted" Forum Post Output Copy and Pasted from JTS-post in to forum post
This is a generic test problem description.
The last thing I did was chmod all my files and directories to \"000\" for security reasons and now my Joomla! site no longer works. What could the problem be?
[quote]Error: You Do Not Have Access To View This Directory or File.
1. Attempted to CHMOD files back, but got denied access.
2. Attempted to delete Joomla! but got denied access.
If Standard information chosen by user
J! Version: Joomla! 1.0.14 RC1 Stable [ Daybreak ] 13 January 2008 22:00 UTC
Config File: Writable (Mode: 644 ) | RG_EMULATION: Disabled
Platform & Architecture: Darwin 9.2.0 ( i386) | WebServer: Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/5.2.3 DAV/2 ( localhost ) | PHP Version: 5.2.3
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): No | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 5.0.41 ( Localhost via UNIX socket )
Added If Extended information chosen by user
SEF: Disabled | FTP Layer: N/A | Site htaccess: Not Implemented
PHP/suExec: User and Web Server accounts are the same. (PHP/suExec probably installed)
PHP Environment: API: apache2handler | MySQLi: Yes | Max. Memory: 16M | Max. Upload Size: 32M | Max. Post Size: 32M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Zend Version: 2.2.0
MySQL Client: 5.0.41 ( latin1 )
edit: Discuss about JTS-post Assistant: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=272719