Joomla adsmanager help

Contact the Development Working Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

This forum is now closed and archived.
aneeshsudhakaran
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla adsmanager help

Post by aneeshsudhakaran » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi
Is there any ads manager tutorials, pls give me the links
Last edited by aneeshsudhakaran on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Aneesh

rakshi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla adsmanager help

Post by rakshi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:48 am

Joomla Adsmanager is easy to install and configure the required setting at the backend.

aneeshsudhakaran
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by aneeshsudhakaran » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:43 am

Regards
Aneesh

gypsydogg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gypsydogg » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:35 am

Adsmanager is a great component, however it doesn't have much support, and the forum is slow on it.  There are a few bugs that I need to work out and there seems to be no support on it.
1) A few of us have had all of our ads disappear, one theory was a apostrophy in the title, but I took tha out and still no luck.
2) I'd love for this to have an RSS feed.  That will allow me to have my rss feed in my newsletter.
3) I want to take out the photos but that is the only way to link to the ad!

HELP!!!!
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

Young81k
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Young81k » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 am

gypsydogg wrote: Adsmanager is a great component, however it doesn't have much support, and the forum is slow on it.  There are a few bugs that I need to work out and there seems to be no support on it.
1) A few of us have had all of our ads disappear, one theory was a apostrophy in the title, but I took tha out and still no luck.
2) I'd love for this to have an RSS feed.  That will allow me to have my rss feed in my newsletter.
3) I want to take out the photos but that is the only way to link to the ad!

HELP!!!!
I've been searching for a way to generate RSS feed for the ads too, and I came across this http://www.joomlafrance.org/telecharger ... _beta.html. However, I can't get it to work. I am no programming guru, and I can't figure out what's wrong exactly.

As for taking out the photos, you can choose 0 images in your configuration for adsmanager.

gypsydogg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gypsydogg » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 am

It's I ironic how you sent me that link as I was just discovered it myself, installed it and am having the same problem, hopefully someone on here can find the bug.

As for the images, I figured that part out, but if you set it to 0, that removes the image, which removes the hyperlink.  a way to fix that is have the title as the hyperlink as well.  I might be able to figure out how to do that, but the powers that be need to put that into the next version.  I got all my other issues fixed, just need that damn RSS
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

Nenufar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nenufar » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Does anyone know how I configure the fields?  For example, one field is "Condition" - new, used, etc which is a bit daft as we're advertising horses for sale!

Thanks

Katherine

gypsydogg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gypsydogg » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm

OK, There are two things that cause problems....

1) if you put an apostrophe in the title, it will result in a blank Title, but not a blank ad.

Someone else suggested:

Simply turn off magic_quotes_gpc.

If you are allowed to do so in your .htaccess file, add the following line at the end:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

If nothing changes, let your host turn off magic_quotes_gpc through php.ini.

2) If you erase, or do not publish the default fields, this will result in a blank ad all together.
So you have to use these fields but you can edit them.  Go to the admanager admin, fields.  Choose the field you want to edit.  Go down to the bottom and you will see NAME which will  look something like ADSMANAGER_KINDOFALL.  Look for ADSMANAGER_KINDOFALL in the language file ../components/com_adsmanager/lang/lang_english.php and that is where you can change the value of what is displayed

Hope this helps others out. 

Nenufar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nenufar » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Thank you  :D

tripatwhat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tripatwhat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

gypsydogg wrote:OK, There are two things that cause problems....

1) if you put an apostrophe in the title, it will result in a blank Title, but not a blank ad.

Someone else suggested:

Simply turn off magic_quotes_gpc.

If you are allowed to do so in your .htaccess file, add the following line at the end:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

If nothing changes, let your host turn off magic_quotes_gpc through php.ini.

2) If you erase, or do not publish the default fields, this will result in a blank ad all together.
So you have to use these fields but you can edit them.  Go to the admanager admin, fields.  Choose the field you want to edit.  Go down to the bottom and you will see NAME which will  look something like ADSMANAGER_KINDOFALL.  Look for ADSMANAGER_KINDOFALL in the language file ../components/com_adsmanager/lang/lang_english.php and that is where you can change the value of what is displayed

Hope this helps others out. 
I know hat it has been a while since someone has been writing here, but i have a problem with ads manager rss. I have installed it and published it, but when i go to the website and click on a RSS icon following message appears:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Location: http://posaoioglasi.com/index2.php?opti ... &no_html=1
Line Number 14, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE rss PUBLIC "-//Netscape Communications//DTD RSS 0.91//EN"

I was wondering if quoted post will help me with this and if not what to do to make it work?

If somebody knows anything about this please reply.

Thanks!

horsemanworld
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by horsemanworld » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:29 am

I am using Admanager on my site, I have had so many issues with joomla, no offense, and feel like every time I fix one bug I have another. I have attached the way my ads look whenever I have a client place them. I am so frustrated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Development”