Future Request For Joomla Development Team

Contact the Development Working Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

This forum is now closed and archived.
kextra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Future Request For Joomla Development Team

Post by kextra1 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 am

Hey Joomla Fans,

I started using Joomla right when joomla 1.5.0 was released....at that time I noticed the good extensions for 1.0 so I learned 1.0....but I like 1.5 much better so I've been using and will continue to use 1.5

I have supported, & donated to the joomla project as well as spreading the word to many people who still use joomla today.

I'm asking the development team for one small request. It's nothing big at all, and it's not for me it's for less savy joomla users and perhaps those not to comfortable with CSS but it is REALLY easy....actually i would consider doing it myself if i was on the development team.

I would like to strongly urge joomla developers to consider adding a core system plugin/extension that would allow users to manipulate/resize the header/logo on joomla 1.5 templates.

Allowing a user to enter the CSS Size of the header image of the web page in a plugin/module type feature instead of having to go into template_css.css & edit the CSS to change the allowed size for the top logo, or rather header of the web page.

I'm poor so I only donated $100....and I want to use joomla as much as I can, support the project and make it better than every other Open Source CMS system so they cannot compare :)

Seriously though....you guys are smart....this would be a simple feat. it would attract the newer unexperienced users to joomla, and now it's officially a user request for your future release joomla releases!

Hook it up development team.....hell, what i need to know is.....do joomla developers read these forum posts?

I need to talk to someone.....or get SVN access to do it myself or something...

Take care guys,

Keep on making the project better - Stay away from the haters & keep with the chill relaxed folks that make things happen! :)

khayjake/kextra1

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Future Request For Joomla Development Team

Post by ianmac » Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 pm

kextra1 wrote:Hey Joomla Fans,

I started using Joomla right when joomla 1.5.0 was released....at that time I noticed the good extensions for 1.0 so I learned 1.0....but I like 1.5 much better so I've been using and will continue to use 1.5

I have supported, & donated to the joomla project as well as spreading the word to many people who still use joomla today.

I'm asking the development team for one small request. It's nothing big at all, and it's not for me it's for less savy joomla users and perhaps those not to comfortable with CSS but it is REALLY easy....actually i would consider doing it myself if i was on the development team.

I would like to strongly urge joomla developers to consider adding a core system plugin/extension that would allow users to manipulate/resize the header/logo on joomla 1.5 templates.

Allowing a user to enter the CSS Size of the header image of the web page in a plugin/module type feature instead of having to go into template_css.css & edit the CSS to change the allowed size for the top logo, or rather header of the web page.

I'm poor so I only donated $100....and I want to use joomla as much as I can, support the project and make it better than every other Open Source CMS system so they cannot compare :)

Seriously though....you guys are smart....this would be a simple feat. it would attract the newer unexperienced users to joomla, and now it's officially a user request for your future release joomla releases!

Hook it up development team.....hell, what i need to know is.....do joomla developers read these forum posts?

I need to talk to someone.....or get SVN access to do it myself or something...

Take care guys,

Keep on making the project better - Stay away from the haters & keep with the chill relaxed folks that make things happen! :)

khayjake/kextra1
This would be best done on the template level rather than in the core, as it wouldn't necessarily always make sense. It is already possible for template designers to build templates that would have this option.

Ian

Dan Perry
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dan Perry » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:21 am

For info the JS Otpimus template from Joomla Shack (free download) offers the funcationality you are after.

http://www.joomlashack.com/free-joomla-templates

It's a very easy template modification.
Dan Perry

kextra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kextra1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Thank you for the reply Ian and Dan.

Do either of you know of any free online references that the newer members of the Joomla! developer community can use to learn how to write our own Joomla! extensions and also our own templates?

For example:

My company uses the ISPConfig hosting control panel and I've done a lot of work with the Remoting Framework which uses a SOAP server to automatically create hosting/domain accounts once a user has filled out their domain/hosting account information.

Drupal CMS has an extension that will allow me to use the ISPConfig Remoting Framework to create domain/hosting accounts. I however am die-hard a Joomla! fan! I've had some people ask me about it and I've decided to try to figure out how to take my already written code and learn what needs to be added/modified to create a joomla extension to do the same as the ISPConfig Drupal extension does.

Any links pertaining to Joomla! Template creation and Extension development would be appreciated :)

Thanks again to the Joomla! team! Our hats are off to u! Much respect!

Kextra1 & Khayjake

Return to “Development”