Invalid Session after moving to another hosting (Joomla 1.0.15)

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Moyiize
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Invalid Session after moving to another hosting (Joomla 1.0.15)

Post by Moyiize » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Hi All
YES! I am using Jooma 1.0.15! Upgraded from the original installation of Joomla 1.0.12 long ago. I know it is old. But it has worked flawlessly until 2020 when I decided to pause for some time. Then my domain name was bought by a (probably) hater who pointed it to some nudity site! A long story...

Well I found another hosting which allows me to run old versions of PHP. Then I moved my Joomla installation (copied files) and imported MySql database. Everything is working now. Had a few issues but solved them one by one...
Now the bug issue is I cannot access Admin backend. I always get either "Invalid session" or "Incorrect Username/password or Access level"!
I spend hours on forums but everything has failed yet. And I read hundreds of "solutions' on forums but none worked!
Now I have decided to post here anyway even though I know this version is already history. My site is also some kind of archive because I just don't want to upgrade it and lose all its looks. Of course I have built other more up-to-date sites.
Any help welcome and thanks everybody in advance.
Mz

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Invalid Session after moving to another hosting (Joomla 1.0.15)

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:40 am

Try this tutorial for Joomla 1.5, which may work for 1.0, too:

How do you recover or reset your admin password?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Moyiize
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Moyiize » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:02 am

toivo wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:40 am
Try this tutorial for Joomla 1.5, which may work for 1.0, too:

How do you recover or reset your admin password?
Many thanks Toivo!
Actually I do have a working Super Admin password. But the "Invalid Session" error keeps coming back no matter what solution I tried. Maybe I should amen the post to focus on the session issue.
Thanks
Mz

Moyiize
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Moyiize » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:09 am

Moyiize wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:34 pm
Hi All
YES! I am using Jooma 1.0.15! Upgraded from the original installation of Joomla 1.0.12 long ago. I know it is old. But it has worked flawlessly until 2020 when I decided to pause for some time. Then my domain name was bought by a (probably) hater who pointed it to some nudity site! A long story...

Well I found another hosting which allows me to run old versions of PHP. Then I moved my Joomla installation (copied files) and imported MySql database. Everything is working now. Had a few issues but solved them one by one...
Now the bug issue is I cannot access Admin backend. I always get "Invalid session".
I spend hours on forums but everything has failed yet. And I read hundreds of "solutions' on forums but none worked!
- Added session_path ❌
- Session autostart ❌
- Reuploaded core files ❌
- Emptied caches everywhere ❌
- Many more... ❌
Now I have decided to post here anyway even though I know this version is already history. My site is also some kind of archive because I just don't want to upgrade it and lose all its looks. Of course I have built other more up-to-date sites.
Any help welcome and thanks everybody in advance.
Mz

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”