Cannot Access Administration Page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Cannot Access Administration Page

Post by beededea » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 am

beededea wrote: Go to your control panel and find PHPmyadmin, you will use this to modify the database manually, then find the jos_modules table. If you aren't familiar with what you are doing then take a backup first.

If you aren't happy with making changes to the db then you need to find a friendly CMS web dev to do it for you.
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce
Site aims: Optimisation, Security and Solidity
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/steamp ... k-calendar

MarionLorence
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MarionLorence » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:53 pm

beededea wrote:MarionLorence - There was no need to install a new version of Joomla. Why did you do that? Did you do it to create a new test site? I do hope you didn't overwrite the live site. If so, that was not sensible and did not achieve much.

All you needed to do was to look at PHPMYadmin and look at the module table and re-enable the login module.

If you took a backup beforehand then at least you have a copy of the site as it was, did you take a full backup using cpanel's backup utility?
Yes... I know I am making many mistakes here. Regrets are not helpful so I need to start where I am.
I don't know how to look at PHPMYadmin, find the module table and re-enable the login module without someone guiding me. I know I could do some damage if I start changing things with knowing what I am doing. I worked with live chat at the server, but the guy was not familiar with Joomla and we could not get it done.

I downloaded the whole site in a zip file from the cPanel before making the new Joomla install. The site I have is the one with the damaged administrative login...... module or component (not sure which term is correct). Can you help me?

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by beededea » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 pm

The trouble is I haven't a clue what state the site is in now. The best bet might be to get the host to restore the site back to how it was before you did a reinstall.

What is the current site state?

My feeling is that you ought to stop now and get someone to look at your site professionally and to fix it for you. Get he/she to organise the restoreof the backup and then modify the tables to reenable the login module. Go to the professional services part of the forum and post the request.

Just a suggestion.
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce

MarionLorence
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MarionLorence » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 pm

OK. I posted as follows hoping to find a person who can help me. Thanks for your guidance.

Organize the restoration of my backup and modify the tables to re enable the log-in module.

Problem description: While trying to fix a login problem, I disabled the login modules.
I backed up the whole damaged site in the server cPanel and downloaded the zip file to my own computer.
At my server cpanel I then installed a new Joomla site at my domain name.
Now I need to get someone to look at my saved downloaded site professionally and to fix it for me. The need is to organize the restoration of the backup and then modify the tables to re enable the administrative log-in module.

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by beededea » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Sounds good. There is no point in struggling. It is almost impossible to help via the phone let alone by posting on a forum.

Just to confirm, what version of Joomla was it? In full please.
Yereverluvinunclebert

MarionLorence
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MarionLorence » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:25 am

beededea wrote:Sounds good. There is no point in struggling. It is almost impossible to help via the phone let alone by posting on a forum.

Just to confirm, what version of Joomla was it? In full please.
<version>1.7.0</version> <creationDate>July 2011</creationDate> from the xml file.

I will post this on the professional services forum as well.

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by beededea » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:53 am

Note that you raised your original query on the Joomla 1.0 administration area, 1.0 is a very old version of Joomla and the wrong place to raise your 1.7 query. If you want more targetted help in future raise your query in the right forum.

You might have got the right help a lot quicker.

Good luck.
Yereverluvinunclebert

MarionLorence
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MarionLorence » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:03 am

Hummmm. ..I was searching for a topic at the time and not thinking of the version. Thanks.

richardlonsdale
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by richardlonsdale » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi

Can I access the Administrator username and password using an FTP program? I've managed to install Joomla successfully but cannot access the admin back end - password mismatch! I was doing 5 things at once so I guess I've mixed them up somehow!

Thanks

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by beededea » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:57 pm

@richardlonsdale - Joomla 1.0? If not then you are in the wrong place.
Yereverluvinunclebert

bwls
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bwls » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:14 pm

I have the same issue. Site is fine. Get 404 error on Administrator login. I get the login page but then a 404 Error. Entire site was copied from working site via FTP.
The tables look OK. I am at a loss on where to begin.
Thx,
Bill

ayras
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ayras » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 pm

I really need help, when I go to my site administrator window <site/administrator> I see the following picture. <site/administrator>. And I don't now what to do, because I don't change anything on my website
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

System77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by System77 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Ive a similar issue, but when I try and access the administrator login the site cycles me back to the main landing page. I recently assisted a client with migrating their site to a new host, and the front end works fine. Now they are asking me how to access the back end so they can make updates. (they've lost contact with their designer) The table structure seems to be intact, and the administrator folder and content does exist and the permissions are set.

Im their company's system administrator, not a web tech and haven't done much with database websites aside from building a few stores and using OS Commerce years ago. What I need to do is figure out how re-enable the log in page...

for what it's worth, I cant find the configuration.php file and there isnt a table, so I presume the previous web tech deleted it for security reasons...

:pop edit: Solved my issue by using this path: mysite.com/administratorindex.php?option=com_user&view=login&Itemid=24

limmyhl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by limmyhl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:40 am

i'm having the same problem here.
since last friday, I cannot access my joomla administration page.
i logged in as admin and entered the password but nothing happened.
it remains the same login page. but there was no warning/error messages.
i've tried several solution such as editing joomla user table but still not working.

please anyone help me..
thanks in advance...

dionka
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dionka » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Just wanted to share my own experience maybe it can help someone.

I suddently couldn't access administrator page. The only change i had done was to rename htacces.txt to .htaccess (but i hadn't write anything inside yet).

It was very weird so i renamed it back to htaccess.txt and the 404 error was gone.
I have no idea why these happened but maybe someone else can solve it like these.

toda97
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by toda97 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi Beededea,

Thank you for helping everyone. I am having pretty similar issue

Just writing again about this issue. My website is as follows. http://www.halalfriendlyhotel.com

The problem seems to be browser-independent as I tried to open it on three different PCs. But no result. I even uploaded the administrator folder again just to make sure that there was no file missing.

I tried to open the admin panel by typing it many times. but it automatically takes me to the front end.
Moreover, I do not have any problem logging into the ftp of the site plus the cpanel. what should be the next steps? Should I take the backup before doing any thing or what?

I had taken an akeeba backup couple of days ago. Do you think it should soplve the problem?

Please help as I am new to joomla.

Thanks and regards

toda97
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by toda97 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:12 pm

I am using the latest Joomla version with all the updates.

anilpeer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by anilpeer » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:00 am

Hello,
I am receiving an error on my admin page http://www.brevitas.us/administrator/

You don't have permission to access /administrator/ on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Can you please recommend how to address it. Thanks in advance
Regards

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”