Image upload fails from one computer, works fine on others

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
paulsmedberg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Image upload fails from one computer, works fine on others

Post by paulsmedberg » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Using the file upload in media manager. Upload starts fine, but then locks up. And disconnects the whole computer from the internet. No other separate url or browser work.

Effectively, trying to upload an image disconnects the computer from the internet/network.

This happens with perfect consistency -- but only on one computer. Another computer on the same network has no problem.

The offending computer has no problem uploading files to other sites.

Closing the browser and re-launching doesn't fix the problem, but a reboot will reconnect to network.

I've tried using very small files, different filenames. This is Joomla 2.5, and the computer is a PC running Windows 7.

NathanHawks
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Image upload fails from one computer, works fine on othe

Post by NathanHawks » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Wow!

Have you tried a different browser?

Is one computer wired and the other wireless?

If it's not the browser but they use different connections, my next troubleshooting step would be to look up what the best MTU is for your router/connection style and set it manually in the router config.
Save time - hire me for your Joomla to-do list! http://nathanhawks.us/joomla

paulsmedberg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Image upload fails from one computer, works fine on othe

Post by paulsmedberg » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks Nathan for these ideas.

Did try 2 different browsers -- three total -- Chrome, Mozilla, IE.

I don't know about wired vs. wireless. I'll check. When I put my computer on their network it was wireless, and it worked fine. I was trying to help them. It is such an odd problem.

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”