Site is down after password change

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bnfrank
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Site is down after password change

Post by bnfrank » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

I need some help with a joomla 1.0 site. I am subcontracting to update the site to a new template.

The client gave me ftp credentials so I could see the files. Until that I logged in there I hadn't realized it was joomla 1.0.

That was yesterday. I knew I wouldn't have time to work on it yesterday, but wanted to make sure the credentials worked. They did. So I logged out of the ftp.

This morning client emails me and asks when the site will be back up. Apparently when he changed the ftp password through WHM to give me credentials (he hadn't know the previous password), the site broke.

I looked at the configuration file and told him the password that appeared there, knowing it was the database password. He tried to change the ftp password to that and it didn't come back.

Any ideas? The site is at my180.net but you just get the site is down page. I can't access a backend login page.

Joomla 1.5 is the oldest version I've ever done, so I'm at a loss.

joomwork
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Site is down after password change

Post by joomwork » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

I can see the site. Is it all ok now?

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”