need help on fonts.

xshadow
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

need help on fonts.

Post by xshadow » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 am

salaam brother.

I just installed joomla on my ubuntu virtual machine on xp host. I've successfully managed to use joomla from my host in firefox. I can also type urdu text but the font is not as it should be. Though the urdu text is readable but I want a batter font.
The text is appeared as shown below
Untitled.jpg
But I need the following font.
j.jpg
Keep in mind that I've installed Jameel Noori Nastaleeq and Alvi Nastaleeq. My firefox also recognizes both the fonts but when I select any one of them, nothing happens. Although on some urdu sites, I got the nastaleeq font as show in 2nd figure but during the development in Joomla the font is as in 1st figure. Is there any setting require within the joomla to support Nastaleeq fonts.
Thank you for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a2usmani
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: need help on fonts.

Post by a2usmani » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

On other sites I think those are images.
However Joomla donot supprt the font you are talking about.If you have seen on any site kindly tell us

xshadow
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by xshadow » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 am

well, at wikipedia.com, when I select Alvi Nastaleeq from Tools>Options>Contents>Fonts in firefox, the text of main menu of right side and top menu text of the site changes to the font as shown in figure 2. But remaining text of the site is same as before. Any idea?

beanluc
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by beanluc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:49 am

It's not going to be a setting in Joomla. Probably CSS rules can be used to control which font appears on the different parts of the page.

Also: you should try to find out what fonts your site's visitors are likely to have installed. You have made a point of installing a non-standard font, but a lot of your visitors will probably just have whatever came with their computer. You can't control that, but you probably can do a little research and find out what the standard Urdu fonts are and plan to accommodate them.

Return to “Urdu Forum”