413 - Request Entity Too Large

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
WookieGTB
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

413 - Request Entity Too Large

Post by WookieGTB » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:02 am

I'm sure this has been covered before but I have not been able to find it. If someone simply links ot an existing thread I'll be very greatful.

Fresh install of Joomla, and I have an issue where when I try to install via a file upload (template, component etc) that the upload fails. It does not even attempt to uplaod the file and dumps me straight to a 413 error

Code: Select all

Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/administrator/index2.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at xxxxxxxxx.com.au Port 80
any ideas?

Wizzie
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: 413 - Request Entity Too Large

Post by Wizzie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:05 am

This is a php setting issue I think.... I can't remember the setting variable, but php allows the liimiting of how much data can be passed between variables by using the POST action. You will ost likely need to contact your server administrator and ask if they can modify it for you.

If you build a file, name if what ever you like  .php

Place the following in to the file and upload it to your server.

Open a browser and run the file, it will give you all your PHP settings (remember to delete the file after you have found out your settings, not a good thing to leave on a server)

Alternatively, you may have one or more corrupt files, uploaded through FTP, especially if this is a new installation this is possible.

carolinestar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by carolinestar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi there I'm having the same problem that you had a few months ago, did you every find out how to fix it?

I've checked my
upload_max_filesize 2M
post_max_size 8M

and they seem fine, is there something else I should change???

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Carolinestar

pramodkcapella
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pramodkcapella » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 am

I've solved this issue by following method:

My joomla portal runs on nginx server, so I've add following line in nginx.conf file

client_max_body_size 100M;

Restart nginx server and now able to upload plugin easily in joomla manage section.

Thanks

iaction06
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by iaction06 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Bonjour à tous,

Je débute dans la création de mon site. Lorsque je souhaite télécharger un nouveau Template, une erreur 413 apparaît. D'où peut venir cette erreur et comment la résolver.

Merci

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”