installing on earthlink?

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
beckysoll
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

installing on earthlink?

Post by beckysoll » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:05 pm

does anyone know of any problems installing joomla on an earthlink account? I generally use dreamhost, but this account is already set up, and im trying to figure out if i need to have them switch hosts. I uploaded everythign as usual, and Instead of the usual install screen, i get a page that seems to just be displaying the code of the index file, which looks like this:

SVN == 0) {
define( '_INSTALL_CHECK', 1 );
include ( $mosConfig_absolute_path .'/offline.php');
exit();

etc. etc.

any ideas anyone? does this mean that joomla wont work on earthlink?

thanks!

jmacdoug2005
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: installing on earthlink?

Post by jmacdoug2005 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:54 pm

I am having the same issue with my client. I have been dealing with earthlink for 2 days now. They say they have a fix and to add this line at the top of your .htaccess file AddHandler php5-script .php

It does not work for me. Then they told me I had to rename every .php file to .php5

Earthlink is obviously not a proper host for the needs of Joomla. Now I have to get my customer to switch hosts. That is always a real joy as well.

Let me know if you gain any insight to this issue and I will recipricate.

Jeff

gmcgilli
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gmcgilli » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:13 am

I have no experience with earthlink but loudsign offers an automated installer so that it makes it simple. a proper hosting company as you say
http://www.redmystic.com
Publish your Virtuemart products to Redmystic and Virtuemart for FREE!

computerprojoe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by computerprojoe » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:26 am

I think the problem I have on earthlink is the mysql version is old 4.1.2 on a php version 5.0.5. What version of joomla would run on such a host? 1.5.X? or back to 1.0.12? Any Idea would be welcome.

sajan_r_shakya
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sajan_r_shakya » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:20 am

I guess the issue is related with the short tag. Please check the configuration for shorttag. if it is disabled, enable the short tag.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... c=201049.0
Regards,
Sajan

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”