User manager freezes on save

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gregegan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

User manager freezes on save

Post by gregegan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi

I'm using Joomla Standalone Server and it generally works fine, the only problem is (and this only seems to be on one machine) it freezes when I save a new user.  It still creates the user but I have to close the frozen browser window and reopen it.  I read another post where someone had the same problem and seemed to solve it by configuring SMTP because the user manager sends an email when a new user is created.  I'm not sure how to configure the SMTP. In the site global configuration, it defaults to PHP Mail Function. Why can't I leave it as this?

Can anyone help here?

Thanks

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: User manager freezes on save

Post by k4lch » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:40 am

check memory could be running out of resourses try shutting everything off you can see if it still does
Loyd Headrick

Spider223365
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: User manager freezes on save

Post by Spider223365 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Well, nice to know I am not the only one with this problem.
Has anyone got the answer why the screen freezes after entering the data for a new user registration on the back end?

This is totally frustrating as everything else is working flawlessly....

Spider...

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”