Installation - Database

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shanthi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Installation - Database

Post by shanthi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 am

Hi
I new to this field. can u kindly help me to fill the databse fields in installation stage.
should i sign somewhere to get username password db name for mysql
pl help me

Database Type
//This is probably MySQL
Host Name
//This is usually localhost or a host name provided by the hosting provider.
Username
//This can be the default MySQL username root, a username provided by your hosting provider, or one that you created in setting up your database server.
Password
//Using a password for the MySQL account is mandatory for site security. This is the same password used to access your database. This may be predefined by your hosting provider.
Database Name
//Some hosting providers allow only a specific database name per account. If this is the case with your setup, use the table prefix option in the Advanced Settings section below to differentiate more than one Joomla! site.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Shanthi

dam-man
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Installation - Database

Post by dam-man » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Mod Note: Topic moved to Installations Forum for Joomla! 1.0
Robert Dam - Joomla Forum Moderator
Dutch Boards | Joomla Coding Boards | English Support Boards

desilva1111
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by desilva1111 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 am

i couldn't find my host name, user name and database name under the [url banned].com

desilva1111
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by desilva1111 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 am

What is this error msg?
Cookies do not appear to be enabled on your browser client. You will not be able to install the application with this feature disabled. Alternatively, there could also be a problem with the server's session.save_path. If this is the case, please consult your hosting provider if you don't know how to check or fix this yourself

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”