Restricted Access

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
katla11
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Restricted Access

Post by katla11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:30 pm

I had almost completed my joomla website and i received tech help from the people that I bought the template from. I was trying to change the bottom of the screen which said Factory 2008 to say my company's name. When doing this, I edited one line in the index.php file. Now when i try to preview my website, I get a message saying "Restricted Access." The company is trying to get back with me to help, but they take a long time and I would like to get this fixed immediately!!!!

My website is still hosted by local host and is on the Xampp server. If anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Restricted Access

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Just download another copy of the template if you don't already have a copy on your pc. Extract the index.php file and upload to the appropriate place in the templates directory overwriting the one you edited.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

katla11
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by katla11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:29 pm

It didn't fix the problem. I thought it would too, but it still is telling me "Restricted Access." Any other ideas how to fix this?

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 pm

You sure you edited the right index.php file? There is one in the root of joomla which is completely unrelated to the template and then, of course, there is one in each template directory.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

katla11
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by katla11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I just looked and I think that I accidentally edited the one in the root of joomla instead of the one on the template. is there any way to get back the original one from the root of joomla????
thank you so much for your help

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Get a full install copy of the Joomla version package installed on your site and extract the index.php file there.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”