Moving from Linux to Windows

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
saberman3000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Moving from Linux to Windows

Post by saberman3000 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to move a Joomla site from a Linux based server to a Windows based server?

I have found the Windows installation of Joomla but I did not find how to move a site from Linux to Windows.

Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Moving from Linux to Windows

Post by Tonie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:31 pm

The install of Joomla is the same, maybe this guide can help you. There will be mostly differences with settings in configuration.php regarding phsyical paths.

monaghan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by monaghan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:59 pm

I did this by installing the same version on the Windows box so that it was operational using the default install, installed modules/components/templates as required, then dumped the database from the Linux box and restored on the Windows box.

All quite painless.

ranabd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ranabd » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 am

hellow expert,
I have joomla linux hosting, but decided to transfer to windows server, i copy and upload my all content and database, and i change my path. the error message showing

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

can anyone help me to fix this problem

tq

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”