How to apply for a function in the Development Workgroup?

Forum closed. Use Development mailing lists instead.
vinodh
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: How to apply for a function in the Development Workgroup?

Post by vinodh » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm

willebil wrote:You have found this forum area, so you must be interested in a job in the development workgroup  ;)

The development workgroup aims at the development of a cutting edge, state of the art Web Content Management application framework. This workgroup is the driving force behind new versions, and building it. Along with the other working groups we try to realize this ambition.

We always seek for new talent. We are very sharp on who we want because the results of this workgroup determines what the quality of Joomla! is. Most of the times we get in touch with you when we see some interesting work around, but if you think you are the talent we seek you also can contact us by posting an application into this forum area. If you want to grab our attention, start commiting patched (see forge tracker) so we actually can see what you do, and how you do. Before you do please bear the following in mind:

* You need to be available at least 8 hours per week.
    * Education (or still being a student) in informatics with knowledge of modern development methods and techniques.
    * (Outstanding) knowledge of programming techniques like patterns and object orientation.
    * Experience with PHP, (My)SQL and webservices.

When you apply, please gives us as much as possible information so we can see what your skills in basic are. If you don't want to put all your personal information in here, you also can send a personal message to the workgroup leader (Wilco Jansen alias Willebil).

Hi willebil,
This is Vinodh from Chennai, India. I am currently working as a software developer in a MNC. I am working on PHP/MySQL on windows platform. I started working in joomla framework an year ago and have administered many joomla sites successfully. I can spend more than 10hrs per week.

I would like to become an active member of development work group . I think I will be able to help the development team for modification of source code of Joomla CMS and framework.

Please tell me procedure to join the Joomla Developer Team. I will be very much happy if i could get a chance to be a part of Joomla Developer Team.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinodh

jorgeolaya
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jorgeolaya » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Buenos dias, mi nombre es Jorge Eduardo Olaya. Tengo deseos de participar y pertenecer a un grupo de desarrollo.

Trabajo actualmente como programador de aplicaciones web con lengiaje de programacion PHP desde hace aproximadamente 4 años en una empresa de Ibague - Colombia, tambien soy webmaster de el sitio de la empresa.

Live4Fun
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Live4Fun » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 am

Hi,
I am student of faculty IT. I had more then 8 hours free time per week, also I has some experience in developing joomla 1.5 components/plugins/modules and debugging code of other joomla extensions.
Skills:
php, SQL (MySQL), Java Script , HTML
C++,pascal....
worked with AJAX.

Return to “Applications for participation in the Development Workgroup”