How you can help out?

Forum closed. Use Development mailing lists instead.
willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

How you can help out?

Post by willebil » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:11 pm

In the blogpost of today I ask developers to help us out on development. So what can you do?

We don't give everyone trunk access, this is a right we share with great care and only after we are convinced the developer really is up to handle the codebase. This just to assure that the code quality stays as it is. There are several ways you can start helping us out, the best way is to take a look at the tracker on joomlacode.org, check for an artefact you can fix, update your local SVN to the latest release, fix it and send in a patch.

If you really think you are up to the more difficult stuff, and would like to get trunk access, then I suggest you contact me in private (personal message) and we will get in touch asap and see how we can move forward. Remember that new development work-group members always start with simple bug fixing, and from there they move on to the more difficult stuff. Expierence tells us that it takes up to one year to get fully into the development of Joomla! but hey, everyone has to start once ;-)

torkil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How you can help out?

Post by torkil » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Could you be more specific on the preferred way of sending in patch suggestions?

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:50 pm

I consider you know how to create  patch, so will skip that one  ;)

You can send in patches in several ways:
  • Post it in the development forum and attach the patch.
  • Post a message in the developers mailing group, and also attach the patch --> http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-devel
  • Send it to one of the (lead) developers

micheas
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by micheas » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:56 am

From experience of creating patches (not recently) I would recommend creating an artifact on joomlacode with the patch attached then posting a description of the artifact with the artifact number in the q and a forum.

This seems to have the fastest response from the correct person with the least noise.

thelay
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thelay » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:05 am

Hi, I am new here and I am interested in development. Pls let me help u. Which language you all wirte? and pls tell me what can i help?. You can send to [email protected]

Return to “Applications for participation in the Development Workgroup”