Using the module "mod_contentitem", that creates a link to another page.

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
capostatus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Using the module "mod_contentitem", that creates a link to another page.

Post by capostatus » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:09 pm

I'm currently using the module "mod_contentitem", to display content on my home page, which has a "read more" button, that when pressed, should lead one to the original page, at another location in the site.

My problem is that instead of redirecting one to that particular page in the site, it displays that page below on my home page. This is not correct.

Does someone have a solution?

fushino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Using the module "mod_contentitem", that creates a link to another page.

Post by fushino » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Just go into your content.html.php file under

components/com_content/

and delete a portion of the code on line 526 or 580 or so that controls the link and 'link text' of the readmore button & linked title.  The line reads like this...

$row->link_on = sefRelToAbs( 'index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=' . $row->id . $row->Itemid_link );

just delete the . $row->Itemid_link  part so that the line reads...

$row->link_on = sefRelToAbs( 'index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=' . $row->id );

now all of your Read More areas will go to the template you have set to display that content instead of it just displaying in the current page.

capostatus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Using the module "mod_contentitem", that creates a link to another page.

Post by capostatus » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:29 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response, but i did figure out the problem. I upgraded to Joomla! 1.0.13, then i simply changed the setting in,

"Itemid Compatibility Mode:" in global configuration from "joomla! 1.0.12 and after" to "joomla! 1.0.12 and before".

Now i can create content on my home page, then click read more info, and be directed to the full content page in the site.

peace.

gjergjkalaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Using the module

Post by gjergjkalaj » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Where Can I change this in joomla 1.5?

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”