Merging Two Sites

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bubaphex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Merging Two Sites

Post by bubaphex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 am

I was wondering if any one knew of a tool which would merge two joomla sites together some how. Currently i have a site on 1.0.11 and i want to merge it with a site thats on 1.0.15.

Even if there is a database tool which would merge these two databases that would also be great.

x126
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Merging Two Sites

Post by x126 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 pm

you ever find a solution to this?

I am facing something similiar - I had a live site - which broke - it had other aspects to it - which required me to basically disable the site.

So I created a copy of the site without the functions that broke ( I assigned that original site to a new url - so I could have our developers fix it )

So I continued moving forward with the temp site I made - which was identical to the other.

Now that the site is fixed - I want to take the content that went up on the temp site - over to the broken site that has been fixed.

I have attempted to create a SQL dump of just one article - and imported it into the fixed site - the article shows up - but when you click the title - to view the full article I get a "You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login." message

Does anyone know of a good way to at least duplicate and copy the articles from one DB to another -???

Desperate!

bubaphex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bubaphex » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:41 am

hey there,

I didnt actually find a way to merge the the sites. What i ended up doing is injected the old information into the new database. Worked fine

cheers

Bpatra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bpatra » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Hello bubaphex,

could you please provide steps that you followed for merging old information to new database?
will that break my content links.

Appreciate if you could also post tools name incase you found any.

thanks in advance

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”