Need to upgrade from 1.0.15

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
marksfish
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Need to upgrade from 1.0.15

Post by marksfish » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi. My site has been running Joomla for many years now with no problems, so I never felt the need to upgrade. Recently however the site has been hacked with directories, eval code (whatever that is) and hacked config files.

I feel the need to upgrade the site now, not sure to what version, but reading the help requests already on upgrading, shows lots of failed links and tools. Is it not possible to now upgrade a site please? Don't really want to start again and lose all my indexed pages.

Thanks

Mark

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Need to upgrade from 1.015

Post by toivo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Depending on the complexity of the site, migration to a later, supported and more secure version will take some work. Maintaining the SEO with indexed pages is of course important. Data export and import like getting the users across can be simple but some extensions like templates may not have an upgrade path but have to be replaced. Any possible custom modifications will need to be checked, upgraded and tested, too.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

marksfish
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Need to upgrade from 1.015

Post by marksfish » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:08 pm

I previously upgraded a couple of my sites a few years back, but struggled if i'm honest. The templates weren't compatible and I did have a problem with the component that produced SEF url's. I have taken the plunge and signed for a temporary "trial" account for 3.2, so will see how I get on with that. No point in beating my head against a brick wall attempting to upgrade if it is more trouble than it's worth.

It's not a brilliant site, only my personal hobby website.

Mark

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”