Uncomplete control panel+You are not authorized to view res~

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla!?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shepherd71131
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Uncomplete control panel+You are not authorized to view res~

Post by shepherd71131 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 am

I was asked to update an old website and also its CMS (joomla 1.0.10). I was handed a copy and took it with me home. I was not happy with what I found.
  • The administrator page is in French and even if I change the language parameter in the configuration file it still won't switch to English.
  • The jos_core_acl_aro table in the database is corrupted and gives me the following error: #1034 - Incorrect key file for table.
  • I'm not authorized to do certain tasks even if I login as the super administrator.
  • And to make things worse, the control panel is not complete. I don't see all of the menu option that joomla 1.0.10 offers... no menu manager, no trash manager, no Components? here's a SNAPSHOT
All I want to do is install a "migrator" to move on to joomla 1.5 then to 2.5 an eventually to 3.0

What should I do to see the other menu options in the control panel ?

toivo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Uncomplete control panel+You are not authorized to view

Post by toivo » Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 am

The site may have been heavily customised, or, more likely, hacked.

If the key tables are corrupt, you may have difficulty in trying add a new admin user with full rights:
http://docs.joomla.org/Administration_F ... assword.3F

Your client has left the migration very late and some original migrator extensions have simply disappeared.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
my first programs were assembled and run in 16KB :)
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”