Setting open_basedir in vhost.conf

coldrake
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Setting open_basedir in vhost.conf

Post by coldrake » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi,

I am trying to install the most recent version of Civicrm in a Wamp5 environment with Joomla 1.0.11.

I keep getting the following error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\csae\administrator\includes\admin.php on line 266

I have changed the maximum execution time and memory limit in my php.ini file to well beyond the recommended but I still have the error. I know the next step is to turn off open_basedir in vhost.conf but I can't find a vhost.conf file anywhere in Wamp or Joomla. I am new to working directly with the server settings so I'm really not sure if I should be creating a vhost.conf file and, if so, where to put it.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Penny
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
~ Albert Einstein

Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Setting open_basedir in vhost.conf

Post by 93940 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 am

did you install using the directory after uploading the files?
that way you'll never run into the time limit.
it worked for me.

coldrake
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by coldrake » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:34 pm

Hi 93940,

Thanks for the reply. I may not be entirely awake yet but I'm not sure which directory or install (Joomla or Civicrm) you're refering to. Could you please elaborate a little?

If you mean, did I try installing Civicrm from directory, yes, I did. I placed the unzipped install folder on the root and the install starts okay. The appropriate new directories are built in the "components" and "administrator > components" folders but it stalls out with the error in my orignial post. When I look in the folders under "administrator > components > com_civicrm" all the folders have been installed (as far as I can tell) but no files.

Thanks,
Penny
~ Albert Einstein

Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 93940 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:32 pm

I'm a noob myself, looks like you've done everything i know sorry i won't be much of help.

coldrake
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by coldrake » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:57 am

Hi Again,

Well after spending a lot of hours trying to get this working on my server (with no luck, sadly), I have just found out that the final host doesn't even use or support vhost.conf so I am at a loss as to what to do next. I get the blank screen when I try to install to the host server.

Is there any other way to turn off open_basedir or should I try a manual install or start looking at other components?

Most of my clients are non-profits and quite a few are patiently waiting for feedback on Civicrm. The description of it sounds like exactly what my clients need and I would really like to come back with a positive review but I can't until I actually get it running.

Thanks,
Penny
~ Albert Einstein

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Penny:

I suspect you have the following options:

1. Get some consulting help from the folks at: http://civicrm.org/professional

2. Use an ASP like service (on Drupal) from the good folks at CivicSpace Labs: http://civicspacelabs.org/node/17276. This comes with pre-installed Drupal, CiviCRM, CiviContribute, CiviMail and CiviMember

3. most of our user base is on a *nix platform. Our ability to support and debug on that platform is significanly better than a WAMP install

lobo

coldrake
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by coldrake » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi Lobo,

Thanks for the feedback. The Wamp5 is my own server but the final host is Linux where the client already has their existing site built in Joomla. Unfortuantely, It isn't in their budget to rebuild in Dupral. (A number of my clients are in the same situation.)

I have tried to do an install on the host and that's where I run into the blank page problem during install. Here is the system data for the host;

Database Version:  4.1.14-standard 
PHP Version:  5.0.4 
Web Server:  Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora) 
WebServer to PHP interface:  apache2handler 
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] 28 August 2006 20:00 UTC 
User Agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) 

I appreciate the assistance,
Penny
~ Albert Einstein

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:15 pm

penny:

might be easier and faster to get help from some civicrm consultants and/or the installation service from webacces: http://www.webaccess.co.in/htm/civicrm.htm. kinda hard for us to help folks with install issues

lobo

Return to “CiviCRM Installation Issues”