Installing from directory gives "Page cannot be displayed"

hcethatsme
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Installing from directory gives "Page cannot be displayed"

Post by hcethatsme » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:22 pm

I have tried this a number of times, with 1.5.7470 a few weeks ago and now with 1.6.8022 (for php4). The install from directory appears to work to a certain point and then crash--no message in my error log, and just "Page cannot be displayed" in IE. When I look at the admin component folders, the directory structure is there but the files are mostly missing. On a previous attempt I uploaded the files to that area manually and then got partway through config (I manually edited the civicrm.settings.php) with 1.5 before finding that 1.6 was released. I am now manually uploading the 1.6 files.

I really really want this to work! Any ideas what might be causing the install error? Openbasedir etc. is all set--everything per the "Read this first" thread in this forum. Edit: actually I have memory-limit set high, but I don't think it's taking effect because it's not showing in phpinfo. It looks like that's not necessarily enabled? I am on a shared host. Also, open-basedir is showing "no value"--that's OK, right?

Thanks for any help!

Hilary Caws-Elwitt
Susquehanna County Library
Last edited by hcethatsme on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Installing from directory gives "Page cannot be displayed"

Post by mcsmom » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Are the tables getting created in mysql?
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

hcethatsme
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Installing from directory gives "Page cannot be displayed"

Post by hcethatsme » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:53 pm

No, tables were not created. I have now done basically a half-manual install (see other thread) and so far so good...fingers crossed...have not had a chance to play around with it much yet! Thanks!

Return to “CiviCRM Installation Issues”