semi-manual install--let's help each other out!

hcethatsme
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

semi-manual install--let's help each other out!

Post by hcethatsme » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:39 pm

OK, as mentioned in another thread, install from directory doesn't work for me. So I am bulldozing through trying to get this thing to work. I will list my steps here in case it helps someone else, and I hope that others will be able to fill in bits that I missed.

Install from directory freezes but I do end up with the directories created in administrator, component, and media, as well as a bare listing (just "com_civicrm," no version or author) in the list of installed components.
  • I then FTPed the folder civicrm to administrator/components/com_civicrm
  • Created an SQL db and user
  • Used phpMyAdmin to an civicrm_41.mysql and civicrm_data.mysql from the sql directory (what else do I need to run from there?)
  • Edited civicrm.settings.php.sample to civicrm.settings.php with Joomla db and new Civicrm db names, correct server paths, etc.
  • Uploaded civicrm.settings.php to administrator/components/com_civicrm/civicrm and to components/com_civicrm (not sure if that was necessary, but the information about changing jos_ to mos_ mentioned that file being in both directories)
Edit: I had a problem stemming from not having changed the backend flag. That is now set and so far everything appears to be working.

I still get an apparently-cosmetic syntax error:

Code: Select all

Error: syntax error
Source File: http://www.susqcolibrary.org/administrator/components/com_civicrm/civicrm/js/lang/calendar-lang.php
Line: 1
Source Code:
<br />
I will post more as I work on it!

Hilary
Last edited by hcethatsme on Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CiviCRM Installation Issues”