Internal Server Error 400

nniiccoollee
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Internal Server Error 400

Post by nniiccoollee » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Hello ~

I've been using Mambo for quite a while and thought I'd give Joomla a try because I need more robust member/user features. I was really excited to see the CivicRM component, but after three weeks of trying, I still can't get it installed. Here are my specs, and I'm really really hopeful someone will be able to help with the install.

CivicRM version: 1.6.8

Joomla version: Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC
This is a brand new web site so I actually started with Joomla 1.0.11, which I couldn't get to work either so I upgraded.

PHP Version: 4.4.4

open_basedir PHP variable set to none

max_execution_time: 1200 50000

Error when trying to install from directory:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

- Have tried installing the component from several directories, with no change in the error message.
- No folder or database tables have been created.
- Have added code to config file: ni_set( 'memory_limit', '256M' );
ini_set( 'max_execution_time', 1200 ); 

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as this is a project for a non-profit.
Thanks in advance!

Nicole

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Internal Server Error 400

Post by mcsmom » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Did you unzip before or after you uploaded? Because I found early on that unzipping using the cPanel file manager did not preserve case and messed up the install. So now, even though it is slower, I unzip locally (making sure to select the options to preserve case if needed with my unzipper) and ftp the actual files.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

Return to “CiviCRM Installation Issues”