Category text not passed through content mambots

ben-work
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Category text not passed through content mambots

Post by ben-work » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:36 am

Hi all,

The category text is not being passed through the content mambots. I've hacked up a very dodgy solution for my immediate needs:

/components/com_content/content.php, function BlogOutput, around like 859 on this install which is Joomla 1.0.3, but I checked the latest version in SVN and it appears to be the same.

Replace the single line:
              echo $description->description;

With:

Code: Select all

global $_MAMBOTS;
$_MAMBOTS->loadBotGroup( 'content' );
$row = new mosEmpty();
$row->text = $description->description;
$results = $_MAMBOTS->trigger( 'onPrepareContent', array( &$row, &$params, $page ), 1 );
echo $row->text;
Now I'm not handling the onBefore/onAfterDisplayContent mambots, but to me it feels like this category text is content and should be parsed as such by the mambots.

Cheers!

eyezberg
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Category text not passed through content mambots

Post by eyezberg » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:48 am

Never was the case, content bots only work on content, not section, n ot categories, not components.
Nice hack though ;)
You should upgrade that 1.0.3 asap..
Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. AE
http://joomla15.[URL banned].com for J! 1.5 screenshots
http://www.eyezberg.com

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:36 pm

Q&T Note; marking as NOT BUG, since this is expected behavior. Moving to Resolved.

ben-work
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ben-work » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:09 pm

Can I ask what the rationale behind this is? To me it seems counter-intuitive; the text you enter there feels like content both to the administrator (as it's something you edit with the WYSIWYG editor that shown up in the user content area) and for users (as it shows in the content area like other content).
  When I hit this problem I had links in the category text which weren't being 'fixed' by the SEF mambot; to me, it seems odd that this text is not handled as content - I entered links like I do elsewhere on the site but behind the scenes Joomla treated this text differently to the other text I enter.

Thanks! Just looking for some feedback to help clarify things for me :)

Return to “Q&T 1.0.x Resolved - Archived”