[KNOWN ISSUE] blue font in text-input fields without forcing background

Oak
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

[KNOWN ISSUE] blue font in text-input fields without forcing background

Post by Oak » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:59 pm

Description:
Forced blue font in text-input fields without forcing background!!  Funny with default dark-blue background :-D To be clear, I should mention it's not a look&feel problem!! It's a serious problem and very basic CSS mistake, as you can't read i.e. black text on black background (unles you select it and get inverted colors). This is annoying bug and causes pain in eyes. I don't believe you are enjoying to read this yellow text on the white background, aren't you? Same thing...

Reported on:[/i]
Joomla 1.0.10, Joomla 1.09

Classification:
High

Affected functions:
Forms usability. Some users can't read forms input fields, as they see i.e. blue font on a blue background (respectively don't see anything :-D)
All forms in Joomla web site (forced black text without forcing background).

Related files:
??? CSS definitions.

Steps to replicate:
Set a "dark" color scheme (i.e. with yellow font on blue background) on your desktop and use a web browser which is using your desktop default colors to as a default calors for web sites text and input fields with undefined style (as it should be). Then run Joomla Installation.

Proposed fix(es):
NEVER use one definition only (on any web site, not only Joomla)! Use either NO font and background definition, or BOTH font and background definition!

In addition, this issue is all over Joomla web site! At the moment I'm writing a black text into a field with dark-navy background - I almost can't see what text I'm entering.... Dreadful!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oak

toubkal
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Forced blue font in text-input fields without forcing background

Post by toubkal » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:08 pm

which joomla template are you referring to?
Do you want the answer to be as vague as your question?

Oak
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Oak » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:46 pm

Sorry, maybe I didn't made myself clear.

This bug is repeating all over this website - I can't see what I'm writing, as the text isblack while background of textarea is my [desktops theme's] default dark navy.

Speaking about Joomla 1.0.09 and 1.0.10, this is in the INSTALLATION (I believe installation isn't themable)).

Of course, user can fix it on the web site itself after it's installed or can download a template without this bug, but the fact that the Joomla web stite as well as some Joomla default templates contain this bug is quite... Hmm, don't know how to exrpress it, but you would expect CMS sets standards, as some unexperienced users could reproduce (and do) this bug, without even understanding CSS...
Oak

toubkal
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by toubkal » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:43 pm

I can confirm that the installation css and both the included templates css and the admin template
do have several instances of no color with background color or visa versa.

Ideally these should be fixed and I guess that the installation css should be a priority.

I expect that this does not affect too many people, but it is probably very annoying for those it does affect.

Out of interest, do you not get this on lots of other web sites when you use a dark theme?

Oak
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: [UNDER REVIEW] blue font in text-input fields without forcing background

Post by Oak » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:21 pm

You basicaly expressed perfectly the situation - I guess majority uses default Windows color scheme or even KDE or Gnome default color scheme, which are all light.

But I have no choice, as working with bright scheme at home is absolutely unacceptable, as I work with computer at work all the day long... There's huge huge difference when using dark/bright scheme.

Yes, I do see sometimes web sites with this bug, but usually the problem is only in one of two "forgotten" buttons, not in a large scale. As well, it's quite rare - on the other hand it's very rememberable as it is annoying when you need to use it.
Oak

toubkal
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: [ADDED TRACKER] blue font in text-input fields without forcing background

Post by toubkal » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:34 pm

user deleted

Re: [ADDED TRACKER] blue font in text-input fields without forcing background

Post by user deleted » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:15 am

Q&T Note; closing forum report, see comments on closed artifact http://forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf5201?nav=1

Marking as KNOWN ISSUE

Return to “Known Issues - Archive”