[SOLVED] - TinyMCE Styles Broken?

dvance
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[SOLVED] - TinyMCE Styles Broken?

Post by dvance » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:32 pm

I thought I'd re-post this in the proper place.  It wasn't getting much notice in the WYSIWYG editor forum except some peolple saying, "Yeah, me too."  The style drop-down (and for some the "format" also) are no longer working in TinyMCE.  Here's the original post...

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,21741.0.html
« on: November 29, 2005, 02:11:43 PM »

I can't get TinyMCE to display any styles in the drop down menu. I'm using the latest version of Joomla (1.0.4). I searched the forums and tried various fixes with no effect.

Even explicitly stating the CSS in the mambot settings for TinyMCE, specifically setting "Custom CSS Classes" to /templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/css/template_css.css had not effect.

I'm also running joomla using MSAS (msas_45_107), which I don't think would make a difference...

I've heard of a hack by referencing your stylesheet in one of the index.php files, but I don't know which one to change. If I can't get this going I guess I can do everything in HTML and lose TinyMCE... but I like the simplicity an ease of use of TinyMCE.

Thanks
Last edited by Jinx on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: TinyMCE Styles Broken?

Post by Tonie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:47 pm

Which version of Firefox are you using?

dvance
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dvance » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:05 pm

Firefox 1.5; same problem with IE 6.0 SP2

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:09 pm

Do you have a firewall running like Norton or Zonealarm that might spoil things? In the to be released Joomla 1.0.5, TinyMCE will be updated to version 2.0.1. There is a know problem with TinyMCE older than the in Joomla implemented 1.x in combination with FireFox 1.5.

dvance
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dvance » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:29 pm

I disabled my firewall, and it worked!  :o

FYI, I'm running TinyMCE 2.0RC4.  I think that Mambo must be running an earlier release, because it works in 4.5.3...

Anyway, thanks for solving the mystery.  I don't suppose you can suggest an easy workaround (like perhaps installing another editor...)

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: [SOLVED] - TinyMCE Styles Broken?

Post by Tonie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:08 pm

Unfortunately no, I personally use MosCE. This editor has more features, but is also based on TinyMCE. I have never used any other editors. I would wait for Joomla 1.0.5, update and try again. This release is slated to go out the door somewhere today (this still needs to be officially confirmed though).

dvance
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dvance » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:07 pm

I tested it on Firefox 1.04, and it had the same trouble.  The problem appears to be only dependent on the presence of a firewall.

Vitrivius
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Vitrivius » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Why is this marked as "solved"? Is turning off the firewall concidered the solution?

I have the same problem with Opera 9, but with IE the drop down list works.
I've turned the firewall off and on again and it does not seem to make any difference.

hbmarar
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by hbmarar » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:17 am

Hi,

I am also stuck with the issue. I dont get the editor to list the styles in my local machine as well and none of the joomla versions 1.0.13 i installed repeatedly got to solve this trouble...

I even posted a thread at http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... msg1090828 but seems no one knows the problem.. or is not interested.. but seeing the as many posts this topic got, and none with a solution.. I am lost.. not knowing where to fix thsi.

I do not understand the firewall stuff mentioned here .. hope someone here got this fixed and could help..

thanks in advance for the consideration and patience

harish

Technology to Solutions ( Skype : holy.geek_saffrongeek )
Given enough eyeballs , All bugs are shallow.
Collecting data is only the first step toward wisdom. But sharing data is the first step toward community

pxforti
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by pxforti » Sun May 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi,

I was trying to figure out how to get styles to appear in tinymce editor in joomla 15. After reading this post I got it to work by adding a file called editor.css to the css folder in my template.

Then, in order to make the font site bigger in the tinymce editing box, I added a file in the following path in the "Custom CSS Classes" field in the tinymce plugin config: /plugins/editors/tinymce/tinymce.css
It worked perfectly. It made the editor text bigger so I don't have so many spelling errors. Unfortunately, it broke my styles menu. The "Template CSS classes" setting and the "Custom CSS Classes" are mutually exclusive. You have to use one or the other. So if you don't need a bigger font size in the editor, use the editor.css method. Otherwise, create the tinymce.css file and put in in the with the tinymce plugin.

BTW: here is the code to put in the tinymce.css file to make the editor font size bigger:

body, td, pre {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: .9em;

}

Return to “Superseded Issues - Archive”