PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

lada
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Post by lada » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Trying to make an PDF results in a blank page within the browser. :(
If i save the page as a file and open it with Acrobat I´ll get the error message "Helvetica.afm missing" or so. The missing file resides in /media but the temporarily output file does not. Another result of the incredible path declarations?

:'(Can someone help - any solutions?

Thanks
lada
Best regards
H.-Jürgen Laux, Hamburg, Germany

*** Remember: NODODY IS PERFECT and  NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ***

davidgal
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Post by davidgal » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi,

Did you perform a clean installation of 1.1 or did you install over a 1.0 version?

If you are using the sample data - which is the content item that is problematic or are all content items having the same problem?

Can please you post a dump of your environment (from the system tab in admin)

Thanks
David Gal

lada
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lada » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:05 pm

davidgal wrote: Hi,

Did you perform a clean installation of 1.1 or did you install over a 1.0 version?

If you are using the sample data - which is the content item that is problematic or are all content items having the same problem?

Can please you post a dump of your environment (from the system tab in admin)

Thanks
Hi,

at first: I´ve made a mistake. I didn´t recognized that I`ve posted to "Joomla 1.1.x". I´m using 1.0.7 by now. But the problem has been there in 1.0.4 and 1.05 too.

I´ve tryed to install Jommla 1.2 A2, but that ended in a desaster (you can read about that in the developers zone, if you want).

But now back to the problem.

I´m not able to produce only one PDF (except of blank pages). No matter if example data or my own. I´ve built several sites with joomla , all having this problem.

I believe that is a php problem (include, include_once statements with relative path descriptions), maybe differences between different OS, but I´m not sure about that.

I can´t post my environment data, because I´m at work and my linux system is at home. But I´ll do it later.

Best regards from Germany
lada
Best regards

davidgal
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by davidgal » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 pm

The problem seems to be specific to your configuration. I've been able to get pdf output with all versions of 1.0.x in Firefox and in IE6.

I suggest checking access rights on the media folder. It sounds to me that the pdf has a problem getting to the font file which is located there. Try 777 on the folder an check that the helvetica font file has read access for all.
David Gal

lada
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lada » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:13 pm

davidgal wrote: The problem seems to be specific to your configuration. I've been able to get pdf output with all versions of 1.0.x in Firefox and in IE6.

I suggest checking access rights on the media folder. It sounds to me that the pdf has a problem getting to the font file which is located there. Try 777 on the folder an check that the helvetica font file has read access for all.
Hi,

that´s not the solution. I chmod all files and the media directory to 777 and the pdf is blank.
Because of my other problems I think that is a path problem, but I have no idea how to fix that.

Thanks
Best regards

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:30 pm

You could install another WAMP-system on your PC and check if your problems go away. I'm using apache2triad.
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

Tiago Cruz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tiago Cruz » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:55 pm

I have the same problem.

I'm using FreeBSD, Apache 2.2, PHP 5 and Joomla 1.0.8.

I think that is missing some binary, but I don't know that is.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks
"The box said: Requires MS Windows or better, so I installed Linux"

oridio
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by oridio » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:30 pm

I had a similar problem with the pdf button opening a blank page. I turned on the server configuration > error display to maximum in the Joomla site's configuration and was able to get an error message.

It appears that Phil Taylor's Knowledge Base component is causing some problems.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare decodehtml() (previously declared in c:/apache2/htdocs/components/class_kb/kb.class.php:524 in c:/apache2/htdocs/includes/pdf.php:)

You might want to try turning on the extra error logging to see if it will produce more information. In my case, I had to hack Phil's KB component and rename his function to be unique. I'm not a coder so I'm assuming there may be a better way, but it's working for me now in any case.

Return to “Superseded Issues - Archive”