Page 1 of 1

PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:09 pm
by lada
Trying to make an PDF results in a blank page within the browser. :(
If i save the page as a file and open it with Acrobat I´ll get the error message "Helvetica.afm missing" or so. The missing file resides in /media but the temporarily output file does not. Another result of the incredible path declarations?

:'(Can someone help - any solutions?

Thanks
lada

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:19 pm
by davidgal
Hi,

Did you perform a clean installation of 1.1 or did you install over a 1.0 version?

If you are using the sample data - which is the content item that is problematic or are all content items having the same problem?

Can please you post a dump of your environment (from the system tab in admin)

Thanks

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:05 pm
by lada
davidgal wrote: Hi,

Did you perform a clean installation of 1.1 or did you install over a 1.0 version?

If you are using the sample data - which is the content item that is problematic or are all content items having the same problem?

Can please you post a dump of your environment (from the system tab in admin)

Thanks
Hi,

at first: I´ve made a mistake. I didn´t recognized that I`ve posted to "Joomla 1.1.x". I´m using 1.0.7 by now. But the problem has been there in 1.0.4 and 1.05 too.

I´ve tryed to install Jommla 1.2 A2, but that ended in a desaster (you can read about that in the developers zone, if you want).

But now back to the problem.

I´m not able to produce only one PDF (except of blank pages). No matter if example data or my own. I´ve built several sites with joomla , all having this problem.

I believe that is a php problem (include, include_once statements with relative path descriptions), maybe differences between different OS, but I´m not sure about that.

I can´t post my environment data, because I´m at work and my linux system is at home. But I´ll do it later.


Best regards from Germany
lada

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 pm
by davidgal
The problem seems to be specific to your configuration. I've been able to get pdf output with all versions of 1.0.x in Firefox and in IE6.

I suggest checking access rights on the media folder. It sounds to me that the pdf has a problem getting to the font file which is located there. Try 777 on the folder an check that the helvetica font file has read access for all.

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:13 pm
by lada
davidgal wrote: The problem seems to be specific to your configuration. I've been able to get pdf output with all versions of 1.0.x in Firefox and in IE6.

I suggest checking access rights on the media folder. It sounds to me that the pdf has a problem getting to the font file which is located there. Try 777 on the folder an check that the helvetica font file has read access for all.
Hi,

that´s not the solution. I chmod all files and the media directory to 777 and the pdf is blank.
Because of my other problems I think that is a path problem, but I have no idea how to fix that.

Thanks

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:30 pm
by Hackwar
You could install another WAMP-system on your PC and check if your problems go away. I'm using apache2triad.

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:55 pm
by Tiago Cruz
I have the same problem.

I'm using FreeBSD, Apache 2.2, PHP 5 and Joomla 1.0.8.

I think that is missing some binary, but I don't know that is.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks

Re: PDF results in blank pages (seems to be)

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:30 pm
by oridio
I had a similar problem with the pdf button opening a blank page. I turned on the server configuration > error display to maximum in the Joomla site's configuration and was able to get an error message.

It appears that Phil Taylor's Knowledge Base component is causing some problems.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare decodehtml() (previously declared in c:/apache2/htdocs/components/class_kb/kb.class.php:524 in c:/apache2/htdocs/includes/pdf.php:)

You might want to try turning on the extra error logging to see if it will produce more information. In my case, I had to hack Phil's KB component and rename his function to be unique. I'm not a coder so I'm assuming there may be a better way, but it's working for me now in any case.