[UNCONFIRMED] Bug with content links in v1.0.10

User avatar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Hungary

[UNCONFIRMED] Bug with content links in v1.0.10

Post by stampie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:17 pm

I installed the new version of Joomla, and I got an interesting bug. I'm always checking my page at every load with a plugin in Firefox, and it said, there are warnings on the page. After looking the place I found content links in a not-sef version and without changed & characters to it's character entity &.
The following links went wrong:
  • I got a Submit Content link - using the Submit content link option in the menu item generation
  • The edit article icons near the title of the text.
Addition on the 28th June:
After turning off the Core SEF, the ampersand's are converted to HTML entities.

Reported on:
Joomla 1.0.10, freshly upgraded from 1.0.9


Affected functions:
Only some links provided by the Content component went wrong.

Related files:

Steps to replicate:
First get a user created a content item, and put that item to a blog list. Also create a Submit content link using the menu manager in the backend. Turn on the core sef to make the error even more easy to recognize.
I got a living demo of it: http://stampie.byethost11.com , and log in with the username teszt and the password teszt5, and look at the link Cikk beküldése in comparison with any other one, and look at the article Próba.
I don't know whether the upgrade process is required before the error can be reproduced or not, because I only have this one site.

Proposed fix(es):

Topic / Artifact ID:

System info:
I'm using Joomla 1.0.10 upgraded from 1.0.9., core SEF turned on, OpenSEF installed, but turned off (some other problems kicked in, but it has nothing to do with Joomla).
Last edited by Robin on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Re: Bug with content links in v1.0.10

Post by tyler » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:34 am

I'm having a similar and probably related problem.  My non-encoded ampersand (ie. &) is getting encoded into this & in my content item.  The problem is that I am using the ampersand in an javascript and it screws it up when it gets entityencoded like that. 

How can I prevent this?  This became a problem recently when I upgraded to 1.0.10

I fixed my problem here:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg380846
Last edited by tyler on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Tyler D.
Web Developer & Integrator: http://www.LasVegasExtremes.com

User avatar
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 15753
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 am

Re: Bug with content links in v1.0.10

Post by Robin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:01 am

Q&T Note; unable to confirm on latest release 1.0.11 and latest SVN. Marking topic UNCONFIRMED and moving to Superseded forum.

If the problem still exists, please register a new report on this forum and make sure to test in the latest release first.



Return to “Superseded Issues - Archive”