Want to use Joomla logo, OSM application form down.

Clare12345
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Want to use Joomla logo, OSM application form down.

Post by Clare12345 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to use the Joomla logo on my site to refer to and describe a service I'm offering on my business website. The conditional rules state that I need to fill out a form to have this ability. But the form is down. Does anyone know how long it has been down or when it will be back up, or if there's another way to go about it?

http://opensourcematters.org/index.php?Itemid=137

http://opensourcematters.org/conditiona ... olicy.html

Thank you!!!!

Clare
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from The Lounge to OpenSourceMatters.org

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Want to use Joomla logo, OSM application form down.

Post by mandville » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm

If you look at the page you linked to, i think it says clearly what is happening

If you would like to be notified when the new forms are up, please use the Trademark & License contact form, and put Notify in the subject field. Please make sure that your email address is entered correct.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Jaimie Dijstra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jaimie Dijstra » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 am

Hi there, I was going to start a new Topic but I have the same query as Clare, in fact, I had the issue at the time of the first post too, early June'13, and now it's almost 3 months and it's still not available! I requested notification of when it would be up but there is no update! Is there really no update on the matter? The message has not changed on the Trademark forms page and still states the message:
The Trademark name and logo registration forms are currently not available.

We are moving the registrations forms over to the new system that will help us to process submissions faster, and will have the benefit that you can check on the progress of a Trademark application.
Surely if the new system was in development and it was going to take a long time it would have been best to keep the old request method active until the new request form was ready? I originally wanted to launch my website in July with logos, but gave up on waiting and launched without any logos on my website. There must be a pile up of developers waiting who want to know more on when this will be resolved and we can all start promoting Joomla again? It's worrying that Open Source Matters still have made no update or change to that page. I've sent three e-mails to Open Source Matters and it's frustrating without an update, reply or even some update news on the "form unavailable" page as I've been going there weekly for 12 weeks!!

I'm eager to promote Joomla as a choice for my clients for it's flexibility, without changing the logo, without diminishing or putting it on a product, or hiding it in my own services. I love Joomla and that logo is like a candy to a kid for me! Any news would be greatly appreciated!

Jaimie Dijstra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jaimie Dijstra » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Has anyone got an update on this subject? Still waiting and hopes are fading! :(

Jaimie Dijstra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jaimie Dijstra » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 am

Is there anyone here that knows what is happening with the Joomla logo request form? It's been 6 months and no updates whatsoever. I have requested an update via the trademark and license form but no news in 6 months is quiet depressing! Surely Open Source Matters should be prioritizing this area to enable developers to support Joomla and link to the Joomla site to better inform clients and potential Joomla lovers. ???
Jaimie Dijstra wrote:Has anyone got an update on this subject? Still waiting and hopes are fading! :(

JacquesR
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JacquesR » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 am

Jaimie, I don't find any emails from "Jaimie Dijstra". Could you please PM me the email address that you have been sending those emails from? Were you using the Contact form on the OSM site?

Regarding the status of the registration forms: They will be up and running soon on a new Trademark site.

OSM in January appointed a new Trademark Team Manager, and that should help speed things up.

regards,

Jacques Rentzke
Trademark Team
Open Source Matters

Jaimie Dijstra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jaimie Dijstra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:59 am

Hi Jacques Rentzke,

Thanks for the reply. I had e-mailed a few times as I was quiet eager. I used the online form at:

http://opensourcematters.org/contact/12 ... -team.html

I messaged using my current profile e-mail, on the 4th May'13, 25th August, and 17th October 2013.
I'm glad to hear things will be up and running soon. Is there any alternative route in the mean time? My application status has not changed since last year and I plan on cleaning up my site a little later this month or early March, the content of my site won't change, and would like to add in the logo if I'm accepted.

Kind Regards,
Jaimie Dijstra
Last edited by Jaimie Dijstra on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JacquesR
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JacquesR » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 am

hi Jaimie

Thank you for your contact details. I was not able to locate those emails, but I've sent you an email to the address you provided. You can reply to that, and we will process the request.

regards,

Jacques Rentzke
Trademark Team
Open Source Matters

Return to “OpenSourceMatters.org”