Jobline display

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Nealski
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Jobline display

Post by Nealski » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm looking to change one of the columns on the Jobline component. Specifically, on the Jobs Postings list, I want to remove the JOB ID column and replace it with Location.

Also, the page navigation displays at the top of the page, and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Any ideas on how to deal with these two issues? See the attached pic for an illustration of what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help,

Neal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nealski

toddtomlinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Jobline display

Post by toddtomlinson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:56 pm

Let me know if you've figured this out.  I see your post is a little old.  I've hacked jobline a ton for a job site that I built -- including adding new fields, removing out of the box fields, changing the standard output, changing the administrator functions, etc.    You can reach me via my website http://www.lighthousetechnologygroup.com
Todd Tomlinson | CEO | Opensolutions Partners | http://www.opensolutionspartners.com | todd.tomlinson@opensolutionspartners.com

justin7542
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by justin7542 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:06 pm

I need a way to hide or remove the job posted date on the frontend of my site. Could you help me with this?

toddtomlinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toddtomlinson » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi Justin,

Can you tell me if you are using the jxshow_jobs component on the front end to display the jobs or just the jobline module? Its a very simple change to remove fields from what jobline displays. There are essentially HTML templates that jobline uses to define what is displayed on the screen. Let me know and I'll point you to the file and the line of code you need to comment out.

Todd Tomlinson
CEO
Lighthouse Technology Group
Todd Tomlinson | CEO | Opensolutions Partners | http://www.opensolutionspartners.com | todd.tomlinson@opensolutionspartners.com

toddtomlinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toddtomlinson » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Ok just for everyone's information (Justin and I have connected directly). If you want to remove any of the fields from the individual job listing screen -- edit the show.tmpl file in your modules/com_jobline/templates/default directory. In Justin's case he was trying to remove the date posted field. In that file

<tr>
<td><b>{mxtlang=_JL_DATEPOSTED}</b></td>
<td>{mxtvalue=created_formatted}</td>
</tr>

Is the table row that displays that value. If you comment out that row it won't show up on the listing anymore.

<!--
<tr>
<td><b>{mxtlang=_JL_DATEPOSTED}</b></td>
<td>{mxtvalue=created_formatted}</td>
</tr>
-->

Hope that helps!

Todd Tomlinson
CEO
Lighthouse Technology Group

Nealski
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nealski » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Todd,

This is good information for me, too. Thanks.

Have you been able to customize the jx_jobshows module? I want to list jobs by their company names (and within this listing date submitted with latest on top) rather than by job title. Can this be done?
Nealski

toddtomlinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toddtomlinson » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi Nealski,

I have customized that module as well. To change the sort order there is a simple way and a more complex way. The more complex way is to modify the admin portion of the module so that the option to sort by company name shows up on the admin panel for that module. The easy way (and the way that I did it as it fit my needs for http://www.jobdevelopers.net) is to modify the main mod_jxshowjobs.php code. Here's a snapshot of the code that needs to change (I don't think I changed the top half of this module so it should start on line 36 or there about):

// Set up what to order by
$ascordesc = ( $params->get( 'sortreverse' ) ) ? "DESC" : "ASC";
switch( $params->get( 'sortby' ) ) {
case "date": $orderby = "created"; break;
case "title": $orderby = "title"; break;
case "hits": $orderby = "hits"; break;
default: $orderby = "ordering";
}

// Check out of we need to show only published items
$publishedquery = "";
include( "$mosConfig_absolute_path/components/com_jobline/configuration.php" );
if ( $cfgjl['publishinglimit'] > 0 ) {
$ptime = date( "Y-m-d H:i:s", time() - intval( $cfgjl['publishinglimit'] ) * 86400 );
$publishedquery = "\n AND created >= '$ptime'";
}

$query = "SELECT id, title, company, city, usstate, created"
. "\nFROM #__jl_jobposting"
. "\nWHERE state = 1 AND access <= '$my->gid'"
// . "\n AND ( publish_up = '$nullDate' OR publish_up <= '$now' )"
// . "\n AND ( publish_down = '$nullDate' OR publish_down >= '$now' )"
. "$publishedquery"
. "\nORDER BY $orderby $ascordesc";

Since we're not modifying the admin side of showjobs the top half of looking for which sort options become irrelevant. You can leave code for that as is. What I might suggest is that right above the $query = "SELECT id, title, company, city, usstate, created line you insert the following statement:

$orderby = "company, created";

That will override anything you have set in the admin side of this module -- but it addresses your need to sort by company and then created date. If you want to modify the admin side and make it like it should be and less of a hack let me know. This will get you what you need though.

toddtomlinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toddtomlinson » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Ok -- there is an easier way -- too early this morning and up too late last night I guess. If you edit the mod_jxshowjobs.xml file -- you can add a single line to the config file to get what you want -- and then you can set the sort order through the admin panel for showjobs. The two lines below that have "Added Todd Tomlinson" on it are all you need -- to change. Look for the line that starts with <param name="sortby" type="list" default="title" label="Sort by" description="Choose field to sort the list by (default Title)"> below. I added both the ability to sort by company and company then date.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mosinstall type="module" version="1.0.0">
<name>Jx Show Jobs</name>
<creationDate>11 Apr 2007</creationDate>
<author>Olle Johansson</author>
<copyright>This module is released under the GNU/GPL License v2.</copyright>
<authorEmail>Olle@Johansson.com</authorEmail>
<authorUrl>joomla.theyard.org</authorUrl>
<version>1.2</version>
<description>Show job postings from Jobline.</description>
<files>
<filename module="mod_jxshowjobs">mod_jxshowjobs.php</filename>
</files>
<params>
<param name="count" type="text" default="5" label="Item Count" description="Number of items to show in list (default 5)" />
<param name="showhits" type="radio" default="0" label="Hits" description="Show the number of hits to this item (default no)">
<option value="0">No</option>
<option value="1">Yes</option>
</param>
<param name="showdescr" type="radio" default="0" label="Description" description="Show the description with each item (default no)">
</param>
<param name="sortby" type="list" default="title" label="Sort by" description="Choose field to sort the list by (default Title)">
<option value="title">Job Title</option>
<option value="company">Company</option> // Added - Todd Tomlinson
<option value="company, date">Company then Date</option> // Added - Todd Tomlinson
<option value="date">Date Posted</option>
<option value="hits">Hits</option>
<option value="ordering">Ordering</option>
</param>
<param name="sortreverse" type="radio" default="0" label="Reverse list" description="Sort the list of items reversely (default no)">
</param>
<param name="columns" type="text" default="1" label="Columns" description="Separate the list into this number of columns." />
<param name="lang_noitems" type="text" default="No items in list" label="Lang 'No items'" description="Language string what to show when there are no items to list." />
<param name="preitem" type="text" default="" label="Text before item" description="Enter a string that will be shown in front of each item." />
<param name="postitem" type="text" default="" label="Text after item" description="Enter a string that will be shown after each item." />
<param name="pretext" type="textarea" default="" rows="3" cols="18" label="Text above list" description="This text will be shown above the item list." />
<param name="posttext" type="textarea" default="" rows="3" cols="18" label="Text below list" description="This text will be shown below the item list." />
</params>
</mosinstall>

Nealski
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nealski » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks, Todd. I'll work on this and let you know what happens.
Nealski

Nealski
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nealski » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 am

Todd,

Well, your method works, but it made me realize that I was not clear with what I'm trying to do. I'm looking to display the company names (not the job names) via the Showjobs module, and organize them by date, with the most recent at the top. Sorry about that!

Thanks,

Neal
Nealski

Cuppan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Cuppan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:16 pm

I have installed jobline and it is not displaying on the front end. It is installed as a component and I have no module for it.
I would like to attach the files by category to individual modules so that the guest/member can select how they want to search. I have joomla 1.5 and I also have SOBI2 installed. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

mau108
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mau108 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi Todd,

Were you able to modify jobline in a way that the user posting the job can actually delete it too from the front end without having the admin go into the back end and delete it.

Thanks!

waisign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by waisign » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:25 am

Cuppan wrote:I have installed jobline and it is not displaying on the front end. It is installed as a component and I have no module for it.
I would like to attach the files by category to individual modules so that the guest/member can select how they want to search. I have joomla 1.5 and I also have SOBI2 installed. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there,

my case is similar to Cuppan here. I installed jobline 1.2.2 as a component only on joomla 1.5.3. It doesnt come with a module. I am trying to edit the jobs listing page where the table is abit squeezed like a sandwich. Any help on which file to be editted would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

please help :(

vardsy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vardsy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:23 am

I have noticed some weird things happening with the .tmpl files.
I am unable to figure out why I cannot use the jobtypestring mxtvalue to have the application output the Jobtype to the initial listing.

It works in show.tmpl but not listitems.tmpl

It appears no string outputs work.

lcdweb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lcdweb » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:06 am

I'm running Jobline on 1.5.3 -- having an issue with escape-slashes showing up in my frontend. I don't think the problem is frontend files/templates, but rather in the function that saves the description text in the admin. It adds escape slashes every time the form is saved, resulting in multiple slashes appearing.

Anyone run into this and know where those are being added in the script?

waisign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by waisign » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:39 am

care so show a screenshot on what u are having?

cos if u are running jobline and 1.5.3, i should have the same probs as well too. Lets share our problems :) I dont mind helping

** but please anyone knows how to fix the darn table size of the job listing? :(

lcdweb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lcdweb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:07 pm

I fixed the problem by adding the following to admin.jobline.php, around line 492:

Code: Select all

$row->description = stripslashes($row->description);
I'm not sure where the escape slashes were coming from, but this basically ensured my description text was cleaned up before saving. It's working fine now.

What issues are you having with the table? I see your earlier post, but don't understand. The table looks fine to me. It's probably just a css issue -- maybe it's picking up some styles from your main template css that's bloating it.

There is a module available for the job listings:
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

I know it says it's only 1.0, but I got it working on 1.5. Don't remember if I hacked it. I've had to do a lot of work on jobline to get it to where I needed it, so I don't recall all the specifics of what I did.

piersol
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by piersol » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Out of the box, if you will, jobline seems to allow Location or a drop down list for state.

I want location, as in city, and the drop down list for state.

How do i make both show?

And would both be searchable?
Only exact URLs allowed in signature. Please read Forum Rules: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

capetownman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by capetownman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:10 am

hi alll

well i am intereseted in this issue too. plz let us know if there is any progress.

thx
cape

mplayer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mplayer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:11 pm

has anyone fixed the job listings template so its not so squeezed up? The template is set to 100% width, but is still squeezed together, no matter what the size is set to.

capetownman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by capetownman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:30 pm

hi mplayer,

happy to hear from you. The project-progress is slow slow slow.
mplayer wrote:has anyone fixed the job listings template so its not so squeezed up? The template is set to 100% width, but is still squeezed together, no matter what the size is set to.
- but you are lucky - Perlfan a user from Germany hacked the module and extendet its features )
read here

http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... 35/#action

Thank you for publishing jobline. It has helped me to build a job center on my website.
I programmed the two very important - unfortunately missing - features myself (runs with community builder):
1. users can edit their jobs
2. users can delete their jobs
I integrated Jobline into Acajoom as well, so users can sign up for automatic job mailings. If you are interested in the features, let me know. I'm curious what future updates will offer!
Thanks again, Frank see also http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 2#p1376552

see the page of the user perfan:
http://www.meet-translators.com/

hope that helps -
cape

ps well i dunno what happened to olle - does anybody do!

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:30 pm

hi joomlauser

i am looking for a curriculum vitae - module where users can upload their cv!`
is there any one in combination with the jobline!?

plz let me know#

thx
joomdriver

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:16 pm

hya

great news - believe it or not! Really sexy news:
joodriver wrote:hi joomlauser i am looking for a curriculum vitae - module where users can upload their cv!`
is there any one in combination with the jobline!? plz let me know thx joomdriver
well - jobline up and running - good news great news - believe it or not! Really sexy news:

adventrskr announced on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 pm a good thing:

he told us here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=317852 that he will extend the features:

I got the jobline module to work had to link the component to jobline and it popped right in. check out
the jobline link at www.trojan-corp.com to see it work. I have both methods to submit the resume up,
they can cut and paste or email. Real simple features but I will be tweaking the form out to take away
a couple of the fields that look silly by themselves. Let me know what you think.

let him know - plz tell us all your ideas now!

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=317852

or here

thx

joodriver

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:41 pm

well i want to share some news with you all!

olle johannson is back - with a webpage.
and yes - i wanted to show you the long Feature list for the cv-tool - that is under construction!
the cv tool from matti! see http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

read the news: Next version that will be a BETA release of 1.0.1 come to include:

Strong PHP mcrypt crypted database and filenames of uploaded content and this is not mean that the project source code of this project is crypted with 3rd-party Software. Only career added content in database and career uploaded files or data in sever is crypted. That is chose for that issue because recruting application holds data that is personal information that belongs to career and for only for authorized recruitment consultants. To all protect and trust for individual person privacy. Data is only possible to decrypt by owner of recruiting service.
Templating System for making PHP code and look and feel unique parts
Selected Zend Framework coding features
Useful features that helps employer with find potential applicants
This component come to be PHP 5 compatible only and it is selected feature by reason.

Project is licensed under GNU GPL Terms and Conditios.

Labels parameters
Labels
see more here http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:15 pm

g day

If you need a joomla 1.5 compatible ATS component, there is one for OpenCATS - details at http://www.opencats.org/wiki/index.php5 ... mla_module and a demo at http://www.chasejobs.co.uk

Unfortunately install instructions etc don't exist as yet :-/[/quote]

looks very very impressive - i love it. many many thanks for the hint!

cheers joodriver
the most jooo-lover and fan on the whole planet - believe it or not!

brentwilliams2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by brentwilliams2 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:16 am

mplayer wrote:has anyone fixed the job listings template so its not so squeezed up? The template is set to 100% width, but is still squeezed together, no matter what the size is set to.
I know that this is an older message, but I noticed that nobody actually answered the question. I found that the issue was in the "list" template. I first tried to edit it in backend area of Jobline, but that ended up randomly deleting parts of the template. So I went back to the original template and adjusted it manually and ftp'd it back to the site. It turns out that even though the table is set to 100%, it uses a "contentpane" class, which has different width aspects. Just as a quick and dirty method, I just just deleted the class aspect and it worked exactly the way I wanted it to. Of course, that solution may cause problems later down the road, but so far I'm fine.

Good luck.

Brent

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:59 pm

hi there

many thanks for sharing the ideas - it is grreat really - mille grazie

you are great
joodriver

r_a
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by r_a » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi,

I've been looking for some time now but I haven't been able to find _any_ module that displays jobs posted in jobline (joomla 1.0.x). Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

capetownman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by capetownman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:20 am

hi there
r_a wrote:Hi,

I've been looking for some time now but I haven't been able to find _any_ module that displays jobs posted in jobline (joomla 1.0.x). Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

well the developerpage of ole looks great
try out olles developement.

cape

Lenscap
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Jobline Headache again !!

Post by Lenscap » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 am

How a person can look after a few days tweaking Jobline :eek:
Last edited by Lenscap on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 am, edited 9 times in total.
http://www.partitioners.co.uk : commercial trades and contractors directory.

Return to “Components”