How to Uninstall VirtueMart?

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Jypsy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

How to Uninstall VirtueMart?

Post by Jypsy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:37 pm

Have had too many problems with VirtueMart. I find it clumsy with no good support from their forums.

The login requirement is too much, and has caused readers not to be able to view content.

I want it off. Just need advice.
Do I uninstall from Joomla Admin?
Do I unpublish all the mods first?

I'm going to use EZcatalog Lite or some simple cart, as I don't have a lot to sell.

Going to sell digital copies.

Please advise this tired writer.
Thanks,
Jypsy
:( :'(
Last edited by Jypsy on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joomla! 1.0.15, AcaJoom 3.0.7, Wordpress 3.5 in subdomain,
... on a MacBook OSX 10.4.11, Tiger with SeaMonkey 2.0.14, Firefox 3.6.28, Safari browsers, on SiteGround Host
MAMP with Joomla 2.5
More on Powerbook G4 with Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

user deleted

Re: How to Uninstall VirtueMart?

Post by user deleted » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi,

Just uninstall all modules, once thats done, uninstall the component. All that is done through the installer/uninstall menu in the backend.

I'm not sure if the uninstall also removes the tables from the database, you might want to check that, if you really want it gone 100%. In case you delete those VM tables, make sure to create a backup first, just in case.

Regards Robin

Jypsy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Jypsy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks for quick reply, RobInk.

How do I mark this solved?
And give you 'kudos'?

Jypsy
... on a MacBook OSX 10.4.11, Tiger with SeaMonkey 2.0.14, Firefox 3.6.28, Safari browsers, on SiteGround Host
MAMP with Joomla 2.5

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:39 pm

You can edit your original topic, change the icon to solved  ;)

Kudos, I'm Dutch....really going to look that up now. Might seem silly but really no idea what it means, I can guess, but this time looking it up  :P

Edit; found it on Google (define:kudos)
Kudos (always singular, even though it looks like a plural): *"fame and renown resulting from an act or achievement; prestige" thus by logical extension is often used as a praising remark.
So...thanks!
Last edited by user deleted on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jypsy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Jypsy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:14 am

"Kudos," used on MySpace blogs, as 'points', or 'stars' to rate something.

Some forums have a rating system so answers and even questions or topics can be rated, awarded, usually out of five, like one star out of five is not top-rated, 5 stars out of five, is tops.

So, look on my MySpace http://www.myspace.com/reneodeay and check out the posts under my blog, and at the bottom of each post is the "Kudos" and add comment line.

So you get a five from me.
Five 'kudos', FIVE STARS.

Thanks again.
Jypsy (René) ;) :)
MAMP with Joomla 2.5

alquimio
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by alquimio » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks for the topic guys!

Here's another guide from virtuemart's forum if anyone else wants to check it out

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=134060.0

And the answer text (do recommend visiting the forum)

From jenkinhill:

Well you started on the wrong foot. You should have installed VirtueMart 3.0.16 to work with Joomla 3.5.1, you would see some errors using 3.0.14

Looks like you played with VirtueMart without reading the docs or browsing this forum. The TCPDF and AIO components are just wrappers, so have no content in the component directories, hence the 404s.

VirtueMart is a very big extension, with a lot of elements, so uninstalling takes a few steps.

To uninstall VM in Joomla's extensions manager:
Start by a search for vm - which throws up some plugins. Uninstall those.
Then search for vir - and uninstall everthing there except for VirtueMart_allinone
If you really want to unistall TCPDF (it is used by some other Joomla components) then search for tcpdf and uninstall.

Then use FTP to remove the aio component directories, in components and administrator/components, followed by the remaining VM plugin files in the plugin directory and all files/directories in images/stories/virtuemart

The database still contains the VM data, so if you wish, use phpMyAdmin to drop the ###_virtuemart_xxxxx tables.

Manual removal is used because there have been instances of VM shop owners believing they had to uninstall VirtueMart prior to updating. Thus images and all the database entries are kept intact to prevent them totally using their stores.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:41 am

moderator comment:
10 year old topic on end of life software, relating to an end of life extension version.
nothing useful to discuss.
topic closed and locked to prevent confusion
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Return to “Components”