developing a Conference management component, I need some help.

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ronrattie
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

developing a Conference management component, I need some help.

Post by ronrattie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:59 pm

Okay I'm developing a Conference Management component (this is targeted for company intranets - so employees can request to attend, sponsor, etc. a conference) I have created the database structure (table & fields) the conference request form and a few of the required 'report' queries ( they work ). Now I need/want to turn this into a component.

I want the component to use the login credentials to set whether a user can make requests (public) or make edits and change the request status (manager).  On the front-end, with regards to the changing status, I wanted the status drop down to only be visible to manager level users (or whatever it would be set at in the backend)

Does this all make sense? This is my first attempt at turning a web app into a component so any help would be much appreciated. When this is completed I intend to release it to the Joomla! community as a free extension (GPL).

Thanks in advance!
-Ron

johnroger
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: developing a Conference management component, I need som

Post by johnroger » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:21 am

Hi Ron

I am also looking for that component that includes the features which u have mentioned.we need in joomla 2.5 version .is there any component related to that functionality .kindly suggest me please ..i am waiting for you reply..?? Have u developed and customized any related component .please suggest me please

Return to “Components”