index2.php related duplicates

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
prudd
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

index2.php related duplicates

Post by prudd » Tue May 28, 2013 2:40 am

Hi everyone

I am a joomla end user, but really don't know much about how the software operates.
I noticed recently that there are many duplicates (title tags & meta descriptions) reported by Google webmaster tools that are 'index2.php' related, for example the following are considered duplicates but pointing at the same page:
/index2.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v1.tpl&product_id=95&category_id=23&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=55

/tea-cup-&-strainer/ta06-glass-tea-cup-and-saucer-2.html

In addition:
1. these ‘index2.php’ URLs are not in our site map.
2. There are also crawl errors associated with ‘index2.php’, also ‘/pdf/’ and ‘/feed/’ as if the software is generating the urls but considered by Google as errors or duplicates.

Help on how they were generated and how to resolve these duplicates/error systematically are greatly appreciated.

En Jie

vivek008
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: index2.php related duplicates

Post by vivek008 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 am

Hi

Did you get the solution to this problem, as i'm aslo facing same problem since last 3 months
If you have any solution tell me

Thanks
Vivek

prudd
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: index2.php related duplicates

Post by prudd » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:02 am

Hi Vivek

Yes, we:
1/ renamed the file index2.php (in /public_html/) so it is not called into action
2/ block any index2.php urls from robots.txt

It seems to have worked.

regards

En Jie

Return to “Components”