Weblinks Category Descriptions not showing

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
StupidScript
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Weblinks Category Descriptions not showing

Post by StupidScript » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:17 pm

I can't seem to convince Joomla to show the descriptions for my Weblinks categories.

The description text has been specified for each category, they are published, and the main Weblinks setting calls for descriptions to be displayed ... but all I get in the main Weblinks page is the list of categories linked to each one's content. Note that the descriptions for the individual Weblinks items shows fine, but not the descriptions for the main link categories.

I've checked the settings both in the Components->Weblinks section and in the Menus->mainmenu items sections. I've also looked in the various admin and 'normal' files and in the database content for where this switch needs to be thrown ... to no avail. I can't even find where the condition for its display is in the files. The only place there is a setting adjustment for this seems to be in the administration Menus->mainmenu items section, and that radio button seems to have no effect. Checking 'hide' doesn't keep any of the link descriptions from showing (because it's for the category descriptions, anyway) and checking 'show' doesn't do anything, either.

Currently running Joomla 1.0.11 on Red Hat Fedora Core 4 with no other apparent issues.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I have no problem making changes to any of the Joomla files, if req. TIA.
Last edited by StupidScript on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesButler.net

katz123
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Weblinks Category Descriptions not showing

Post by katz123 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 am

Hello,

Oops! Asked the question in the 2.5 forum.

Return to “Components”