Volunteering for Tutorials

Winvin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Volunteering for Tutorials

Post by Winvin » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:33 am

Humvee are u in need of some help for the tutorials. I've had enough Wink Tutorials for awhile.  :P

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Volunteering for Tutorials

Post by humvee » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi Winvin,

(note this topic split from original thread)

Which area of Joomla! are you most comfortable with and therefore able to explain/detail as thoroughly as possible?

Is there a particular process or action that would fit the bill?

Have a look at the User and Administrator Manuals on the Help Site and see the current content.

I would also suggest reading the Editorial Style Guide on the Help Site as this contains some useful hints and tips on the general process of writing tutorials etc.

Any problems then feel free to PM me, (also if you have Skype let me know your ID in PM as well)

Thanks

Andy

Winvin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Winvin » Tue May 01, 2007 3:26 am

Sorry for the long wait humvee, I've been very busy with school as well as other things. I should be able to help you guys out in the documentation now. I prefer to write for the administrator backend as used it plenty of times. My skype is: Winvintang8.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Tue May 01, 2007 11:27 am

Winvin

PM sent

Andy

djfeliz

Post by djfeliz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:55 pm

I wanted to be voluntary to help in the documentation, but my english is bad.

However, I leave my consideration to every Documentation Team.

Brazilian greetings.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:15 am

Hi djfeliz

You may be interested in helping the Brazilian Translation Partner if you would be more comfortable with this.

From the UDT side of things we are currently, out of necessity concentrating on the 1.5 version of Joomla! rather than 1.0.13 but are more than happy to receive contributions of tutorials of any subject related to 1.0. Do you have a particular subject or area that you are interested in?

As for any language barrier, provided the essence of the subject matter can be understood then I am sure it can be edited into more mainstream English.

Regards

Andy

djfeliz

Post by djfeliz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:19 pm

Thank you Andy,

My voluntary contribution for Joomla, every documentation Joomla is being published in brazilian portuguese in the site Joomla BR: http://www.joomlabr.net

I advanced in surplus the publication of the package of the HelpScreen of  1 0.12 offered in Joomla Extenções in english, and to go executing the translation little by little in brazilian portuguese. Actually it is Joomla Help in brazilian portuguese language.

Brazilian Regards

Dagoberto

Return to “Documentation”