Posting documentation for Solarflare_ii default template

ghl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Posting documentation for Solarflare_ii default template

Post by ghl » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:46 pm

Since this is my first post, I would like to thank the Joomla Core Team and the community at large for developing such a nice product. Although frustrating at times, Joomla is worth the effort to learn, and once past a certain critical point of understanding, quite fun.

In the spirit of open source, I have attached a zip file containing a commented Solarflare_ii template and a Word doc showing the table structure for the template.

The commenting is done in such a way as to easily allow one to experiment with the look of the template by commenting out sections of the template (between Start and End comment tags) to, for example, not load the pathway function, or not load the topmenu, etc. One can also easily take any commented section and move them so that a Joomla 'Position' will appear in a different position when rendered.

The zip file is stock Solarflare_ii with only my comments added; so one could just ftp this to their template directory and rename it index.php to start playing around with removing/moving things.

Each commented section has been verified as W3C Transitional compliant when commented out. In other words, I have tested for W3C compliance with each section SINGULARLY commented out to make sure no errors were being introduced by removing/moving any particular section. The comments are nested so one can experiment with removing/moving whole sections at a time or subsections.

The Word doc showing the template table structure helps a lot to know what to change about the wrapping if one chooses to reposition a Joomla 'Position'.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will help some newbies (like myself) get up to speed on template mods with a minimum of exasperation.

Have fun,

ghl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ghl on Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Posting documentation for Solarflare_ii default template

Post by Michelle Bisson » Thu May 11, 2006 3:43 am

Thank you ghl!

Please let us know when you have other docs written.  If you would like to join the doc team, please contact me.

thanks!
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

ghl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Posting documentation for Solarflare_ii default template

Post by ghl » Fri May 19, 2006 6:43 pm

You're welcome. I will, and can't free up any time right now -- maybe soon.
Last edited by ghl on Fri May 19, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Documentation”