User Doc. Team Blog

CirTap
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

User Doc. Team Blog

Post by CirTap » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi bloggers,

just reading the blog and ...

@Michelle: in your (as of now) most recent entry, "Questions from contributors", the link to "Submit Backup of Help Screens" is messed up and contains the link text as the URL => 404.
In a follow up, "Submit a backup", you cite a member asking what version to backup. Like on the help screen it reads: "..to submit a "complete" backup of the the Help Screen that they have just worked on."
That still doen't make it clear (to me) when the backup should be made: before the help screen will be edited == preserving the old, existing version", or after editing, when it was saved and probably messed up? ;)
Ok, you used past perfect "have just edited", so that could mean I backup my own edited text. That would of course make a perfect sense if I run into a (new) help screen that has no content at all :)

@Richard: could you please leave a note in your comment when workshop accounts get synchronized with the admin demo site? I tried to login on the front-end but my curious request was dismissed :) I do have my own test environment so I don't really need the demo, but I believe it'd be nice to know for the people who want/have to use it, and how long it usually takes until they can login.

@whomever: (Michelle?) could you please change the sort order of the blog from oldest to newest? The introductions appear at the end of the page and I'm not sure if that's very effective if new members aught to know the basics in advance. If the blog grows all this releveant information will drop off the page.
Maybe there should be similar categories as inthe dev blog. Per users, subject, and month.

Thank you.

Have fun,
CirTap
Last edited by CirTap on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can have programs written fast, well, and cheap, but you only get to pick 2 ...

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: User Doc. Team Blog

Post by Michelle Bisson » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:05 am

CirTap,

Thank you for your questions/comments.
@Michelle: in your (as of now) most recent entry, "Questions from contributors", the link to "Submit Backup of Help Screens" is messed up and contains the link text as the URL => 404.
Thanks for letting me know.  I corrected the link. 
That still doen't make it clear (to me) when[/b] the backup should be made: before[/b] the help screen will be edited == preserving the old, existing version", or after editing, when it was saved and probably messed up?
Since we already have a copy of the "old", you do not have to submit it before you edit.  All you have to do is edit and submit your work (including the complete Help Screen).  If everyone send us their copy, then I'll have a record of everyone's work if we need to go back a version.  Having the complete Help Screen will make that process easier if we ever have to replace a current version (because someone messed it up) with a previous version.

Ok, you used past perfect "have just edited", so that could mean I backup my own edited text. That would of course make a perfect sense if I run into a (new) help screen that has no content at all Smiley
:)
@Richard:
  When you have messages for different doc team members, it will be easier if you open a new thread and put their name in the subject line.  That way it will draw to their attention.  Not all the doc team members read all the threads in the doc forum especially if they see that I have already responded.
@whomever: (Michelle?) could you please change the sort order of the blog from oldest to newest? The introductions appear at the end of the page and I'm not sure if that's very effective if new members aught to know the basics in advance. If the blog grows all this releveant information will drop off the page.
Maybe there should be similar categories as inthe dev blog. Per users, subject, and month.
We have the opposite problem if I reverse the order.  I may end up putting together a FAQ about how to contribute. 
Last edited by Michelle Bisson on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

Return to “1.5 Archive”