uninstall component -> what if error?

buzink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

uninstall component -> what if error?

Post by buzink » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:07 am

In the install/manage components section, under install,  it would be nice to have a (link to) an explaination of what to do when uninstalling fails. How can you remove a component that gives errors when trying to uninstall. Which files do you have to delete, which entries for sure in de database?

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: uninstall component -> what if error?

Post by humvee » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:53 am

Hi Buzink,

The general likely errors are included within the text albeit they are not necessaily specifically labelled as such. It would be impossible to identify which files to remove from a database other than by looking at the sql file included with the Component.

As to the files installed this would again depend on at what stage the install failed and particularly to which part of Joomla! the Component was actually adding those files; Front-end, Back-end, Language, Templates...This would specifically depend on the Component being installed and as there are many hundreds of Components out there I would not fancy that task ;).

If you have specific suggestions I will gladly consider these and include them where appropriate.

Thanks for taking the time to feedback (sorry for the delay in responding).

Andy

buzink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by buzink » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:21 am

Hi andy,

Looking back I think I meant something like:

"When an error occurs after you installed a component, and you cannot uninstall it and you don't have a backup, as a last resort you could delete the corresponding enrtries in the mysql database. Look for the last entries in the table 'components'. Additionally you could delete the files /components/com_name/*. Expect unexpected results :-)"

This worked for me with JCE and other components and is the general approach I believe.

nikunjt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nikunjt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm

I have a problem uninstalling components when i try to uninstall them the uninstalling page redirects to other website can you please help

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications, and Corrections”