Can't Sign in, Can't Download Manual, Can't Register..?

cny_man
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can't Sign in, Can't Download Manual, Can't Register..?

Post by cny_man » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 am

Granted it's late (early 3:08am).  I find out there is a new Manual out.  Great!
But for some reason the news on the front page doesn't bother to LINK to it!  Come on, this is the internet and I am looking at a web page, so put a link there PALEEEESSSSSEE.  So, tired and lazy, I had to read.  I found that it's on this page help.joomla.org.

Clicking on it to download tells me.
"You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login. "

No link to the login page, or a user / pass field on this page either.  Just nope you can't do that..  go away.

Ok, so I try.  Nope.  Bad user or pass.  Fine, try the only other one I use on Joomla sites.  Nope.  Ok, I'll try the forgot pass.  Nope, have to know your username AND e-mail.  Side Rant;... If e-mail is unique why do I need both?  Why not just make user the e-mail or at lease don't force us poor absent minded people with 50,000 accounts to remember both. 
No luck either.  Ok,  Guess I'll just re-register and use a new ID or enter the one I think it is...  Wait..  there is NO link for registering..?  But at least I can post to this forum and gripe about it...  ;)

I don't need to login or register to download Joomla, So, why do I have to, just to download the Fn Manual?

Maybe it's late, maybe I'm picky.  But it really shouldn't be this frustrating, should it? 
If you write a news clip about something really cool, please take the extra few seconds to put a link in it to that cool thing.
And if anyone knows how to download the manual (that was released the 23rd) let me know.
Thanks.
Last edited by Michelle Bisson on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

cny_man
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Can't Sign in, Can't Download Manual, Can't Register..?

Post by cny_man » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 am

Ironically you need to login or register to read the rest of the news on the manual.  Are we in top secret mode?
Something's not working right out there.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:02 am

Hi,

This is a fault that was discovered yesterday and we are hoping for a quick fix.

The manual can be reached from the menu to the left of the News Screen or (for convenience) here:

http://help.joomla.org/images/User_manu ... 1%2006.pdf

Regards

Andy

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Michelle Bisson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:28 am

cny_man,

I disactived the link in the title.  Instead, I have enlarged the text with the link to download the User manual.

This should simplify downloading the User manual.
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

Return to “Archive”