Front End User Manual

jmccann
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Front End User Manual

Post by jmccann » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:46 pm

I need to train content owners of a web site who wil be amending the content through the Front End.

The official User Manual is far too complicated for these content editors and I ask if there is any sort of User Manual that is targetted at contributesr who  edit content this way?

regrads,

jim mccann

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Front End User Manual

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:51 pm

Jim -

Chapter 4 of the guide is specifically directed at this content development function. It's only ten pages and I think it is actually a pretty simple, easy to follow set of instructions for people who provide content. I agree they don't need all 138 pages, but, perhaps that one chapter might give you what you are after.

Someone else might have other ideas, as well.

Good luck!
Amy :)

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi Jim,

The User Doc Team are currently working on getting the existing 1.0.x. Help screens updated and the Help screens for the 1.5 release as complete as possible.

However a number of us certainly have plans to do additional documentation that is aimed at specific User groups and the functions they can handle. These will be announced here on the forums when they become available.

In addition I believe the newly re-activated Recommended Reading Team will be targeting all the currently available documents that are out there and providing a focal point for all the information that is found.

Not an immediate solution but it is all moving in the right direction.

In the meantime you might like to try the Quick Start Guide from Red Evolution it has some additional information that might be of use. http://www.redevolution.com/component/o ... Itemid,41/

hth (a little)

Andy

jmccann
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jmccann » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 pm

Thanks Andy,

I've managed to extract Chapter 4 and I've got a decent "Novice End User" manual that I think will more than suffice for the Content Editors.

jim

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Michelle Bisson » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:33 am

Hello,

We are looking for members in the community who are interested in writing tutorials to compliment the User Manual and Help Screens.

Please let me know if you are interested. We would like to publish them in the Recommended Reading section of the Help Site.

Thanks!
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

Return to “Archive”