Not able to 'sort' contacts ?

Francois Dumas
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Not able to 'sort' contacts ?

Post by Francois Dumas » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:39 am

Hi folks,

I am totally new to this forum AND to Joomla.  Can't find my way around yet, sorry.

I built a club site using Joomla, and am now taking registrations of members. I use the Contacts mod 'WIP' (??). Problem is I can't seem to find a way to SORT the members on the display (member list). It is also very difficult to 'link' new members that register to the contact list (I am now taking e-mails from them, after they register, then manually make a 'new contact' and scroll through all members names' to find the unlisted one....

Perhaps I am doing something wrong !??

If not, then please take this as a suggestion to make the displyed list at least in alphabetic sort order, or even better, sortable on various fields?

Kinedest regards,
François
Last edited by humvee on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Not able to 'sort' contacts ?

Post by humvee » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi Francois,

Firstly welcome to Joomla!
I use the Contacts mod 'WIP' (??)
The WIP is work in progress.

The member list is sorted by the order in which they are registered. This is controlled purely by the MySQL database. The only sorting that is directly available within the User Manager is by Group, or by whether they are online or not, plus the Filter which can find a name or group of similar names.

Enhanced User management can be added to Joomla! with an extension similar to Community Builder. See the Extensions portal for further details: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

The Contact component is not generally an extension of the User Manager but rather a means of linking for example all the administration roles that a web site might have such as Site Administrator, Membership Administrator, Web Master, or whatever to individual Users together in a single presentation link eg: Contact Us. It links those roles to the individual Users without their specific personal information being visible.

Hope this helps

Andy

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:30 pm

Just to add that Joomla! 1.5 does have the facility to 'sort' the table of Users in User Manager ;D. 1.5 is currently in beta testing and is not for 'live' sites though.

Regards

Andy

Francois Dumas
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Francois Dumas » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:34 pm

Many thanks for your swift replay Andy. I'll have a look at the URL you provided!

Kid regards,
François

Return to “Archive”