Suggestion - re CB_10.stable.pdf in 9.8 Uploading Gallery Images

johnbuckingham
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Suggestion - re CB_10.stable.pdf in 9.8 Uploading Gallery Images

Post by johnbuckingham » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:27 pm

The information is probably correct as far as it goes: ' More images can be uploaded manually via FTP directly to the gallery folder on your website. '.

But that doesn't seem to be all there is to it - On its own, that doesn't appear to add images to the gallery that people can use.

I think there is maybe instruction missing!

Regards
John Buckingham
Last edited by humvee on Wed May 09, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Suggestion - re CB_10.stable.pdf in 9.8 Uploading Gallery Images

Post by humvee » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:36 am

Hi John,

Sorry what is this referring to?

Andy

johnbuckingham
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by johnbuckingham » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Hey Andy

Sorry for the delay. I've been away!

What I mean is that I've subscribed to Community builder and have downloaded the .pdf file that is only available to subscribers. But, in the document it says that I can add images to the gallery.

I've therefore uploaded an image to the gallery, but it doesn't appear in the available images. So what I'm wondering is if there is more to it than just uploading an image. Like maybe the image has to be a specific size? Or some other particular requirement for the image file, or filename, or file privileges, or something?

If any or all of the above are the case, it would be great if such information was in the documentation, when next it is reviewed...

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. But hopefully I have now?

Regards
JB

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi John,

If this is a problem with the CB documentation/CB software then you need to take this up with them directly as we do not have any control over their documents from here.

If you are referring to images generally within Joomla! then the size of permitted upload (file size not dimensions) is effectively controlled by the php configuration file php.ini for the server on which the site is based.

Images themselves are then managed directly by the Media Manager. Obviously the smaller a file size the better for loading times, many of the WYSIWYG editors have additional functions for resizing the dimensions of an image but not necessarily the file size

Regards

Andy

johnbuckingham
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by johnbuckingham » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey Andy,

Nice hat!

Thanks for your response. I wasn't sure if the issue was in CB or within Joomla! itself. Now I know I'll take it up with CB!

It's a wonderful product, Joomla! Thank you!

JB

Return to “Archive”