Step 3 path and url wording

here
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Step 3 path and url wording

Post by here » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:59 am

As is clear from this discussion:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,12038.0.html

The help wording explaining the functions of url and path is confusing for those of us who intend to install Joomla into a different directory than the live site directory.

Perhaps this is an advanced and obscure enough intention that the installation text does not need changing, but I have yet to find an answer as to wheter it is possible at all!  (See above thread for further discussion and unanswered requests).

Thanks always.

charlwillia6
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Step 3 path and url wording

Post by charlwillia6 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:49 am

here wrote: As is clear from this discussion:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,12038.0.html

The help wording explaining the functions of url and path is confusing for those of us who intend to install Joomla into a different directory than the live site directory.

Perhaps this is an advanced and obscure enough intention that the installation text does not need changing, but I have yet to find an answer as to wheter it is possible at all!  (See above thread for further discussion and unanswered requests).

Thanks always.
I will take a look at it, but it might be more helpful if you can post some examples of were our help documentation is lacking and which docs (chapters, installation docs, etc...).  That way I can pinpoint what really needs to be changed because sometimes the comments left in the threads may not explain exactly what the users need to know. 

Thank you for posting this.  Again, I will review it.
From the beginning...

here
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Step 3 path and url wording

Post by here » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:44 am

i suppose the thread title "step 3 path and url wording" is rather vague.

However, I do think this should be further addressed elsewhere in documentation.  Unfortunately, I couldn't even find a place to suggest.

Return to “Archive”