CONTENT Documentation?

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

CONTENT Documentation?

Post by Catamaran » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:38 am

Hi People,

Am I missing something?

For me, having set up the site, the missing item is the documentation I turn over to the client and Content Providers so it's real clear to them what and how they need to do the content additions, edits, etc.

Thanks for all your great work on the other stuff, but this is, for me, a major hangup and I'm not seeing anywhere this is covered

Best regards,
Cat

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: CONTENT Documentation?

Post by Michelle Bisson » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:51 am

All of our documentation is located here on the http://help.joomla.org site.

There is still much work to be done and we are looking for volunteers who are available to help write/edit the manuals.

Please let me know if you are available to help.

Thanks!!!
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Catamaran » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:00 am

Thanks, Michelle

That's what I was afraid of  :(

May I suggest that you at least open up a Forum specifically for END USER DOCUMENTATION and advertise there for someone to get the ball rolling? As of this point, the list of forums gives the appearance that it's not needed/wanted/planned.

Sadly (or not) I'm up to my neck in Joomla work and simply don't have the time to write the docs, but if someone else gets it going I'll squeeze time to do editing and proofing on it.

IMNSHO, this is critical to the success and spreading of Joomla. I have 25 Joomla sites in the near future and shudder at the amount of time which will be needed to train the end users.

Best I can do for now, I'm afraid

Regards,
Cat

rdb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rdb » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:17 pm

Have a look at this thread.
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,22024.0.html

Also just a couple of comments.
This is a community of volunteers, we all want everything today, but this isn't realistic and/or possible.

You've said that you will have 25 sites up and running with Joomla!, if you're doing this for free then you shouldn't give your users/clients unreal expectations.

If you're geting paid for the 25 sites and don't have the time I would suggest you, take a small percentage of your profits and pay some one to write some documentation that you can donate back to the community.

Remember this excellent piece of software has cost you nothing, zip, zero, zilch, nada... We can't all just take... we need to give something back. Feel free to jump in and contribute in anyway that you can and make our community stronger. (not trying to start a flame war here).

Happy Holidays

-- Richard
-- Joomla! Evangelist

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Catamaran » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:50 am

Thanks for the link, Richard. Precisely what I was looking for. And happy holidays to you and all.

Return to “Archive”