One of the things that might be nice to document is advanced installation methods of Joomla (svn, ftp)
I mention this because I have nine joomla sites that I maintain and converting them over to using subversion to do the updates has reduced my time spent applying patches, I also now have the option of unapplying a patch if it brakes one of my sites. I can also easily create patches for the developers if there is something that I find that I can fix.
That said there are several things you need to do if you maintain a site with subversion;
- get a joomla developers account.
- from the command line svn -u username co http://scm.joomla.org/svn/repos/joomla/branches/1.0/
- modify httpd.conf, or .htaccess to deny access to .svn
- after setting up joomla instead of deleting /installation you need to modify httpd.conf or .htaccess to deny access to the directory
- Upgrades are accomplished by using svn up from the Joomla directory
Maybe this should be part of a wiki, but a list of gotchas and admin tricks in some form would be nice.